Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Custom Deluxe Range RCD-71-64 wiring wet

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pegmumm

Pegmumm

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:31 PM

Oh Master, I bring ignorant hubbie forward for discipline. He allowed a pot of crab to boil over, making the wires under the deck wet despite my pleadings to stop. Now, two days later, using that element causes a sizzling sound, a bit of smoke and a burning smell. I assume he succeeded in toasting the wiring, or do I just wait a few days and allow it to totally dry out.

But... he must atone. Are there any words of wisdom you can impart before he attempts rewiring the beast, instructions on replacing the wiring and element receptacles, the wiring to one oven ( ahuh, I beat him about the head and shoulders for that one). If it's not too tough, I might tackle this one myself. Oh master, I await any words of wisdom you might have.

It is a Frigidaire custom deluxe double oven range with warming drawer model RCD-71-64.

thanks, peg (long tall grasshopper in training)

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,842 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:46 AM

The range will need to be disassembled from the stove top downward. Parts diagrams would greatly assist him in this endeavor; however, in order to find those, you'll need to post a valid model number. Read this link:

http://fixitnow.com/...ommandments.htm

#3 Pegmumm

Pegmumm

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:51 AM

Sir, that IS the model number. It is on a little oval plaque along the top of the left oven. I read it with a flashlight, magnifying glass, I even cleaned it.. the numbers havent changed any. Sorry, it's an old General Motors frigidaire. What can I say. The next step would be to pull it away from the wall and check behind it. Shall I do that?... peg

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,842 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:01 AM

Must be really old because it's not listed in any of the parts databases so I can't get you an exploded parts diagram. You'll have to figure this one out the old-fashioned way: trial and error. May be able to give some pointers if you post some photos.

#5 Pegmumm

Pegmumm

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:38 AM

Thank oh honorable one.
We decided that since it is going to be extremely difficult to fix that we would get out the old 22 gauge and shoot her to put her out of her suffering. At a certain point it becomes impossible to repair and I have come to accept this kohn. She is being replaced by a much younger sister. Thank you for your indulgence.. I am sure I will be visiting your dojo again in the future. Thanks, peg

#6 Pegmumm

Pegmumm

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:29 AM

3 scans of the electrical diagram for the RCD-71-64.I scammed the range back before it went to the recyclers.

Attached Files

#7 Pegmumm

Pegmumm

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:30 AM

the middle section

Attached Files

#8 Pegmumm

Pegmumm

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:31 AM

and the right hand side of the diagram.

Now there's a wiring diagram on the net for one of these old General Motors Frigidaire ranges... maybe it can do some good for someone else.

thank you,
peg

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics