Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Refrigerator only, please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lunamander

lunamander

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 01:27 AM

II am planning my remodelling and want to get a  refrigerator that is only a refrigerator. 

No freezer.  No ice make/water dispenser.  I

Want all that space just devoted to refrigeration. I am having trouble finding it, surely it must exist???

I will plan on having a  separate freezer, dedicated only to freezing things (one of these is easier to find, but it would be nice if it matched the fridge somewhat.)

I do not need or want  a lot of fancy controls. 

Where can I find such things? ? Not anywhere a lowly homeowner goes, it seems.

Any pros/cons to look for?  Good brands to consider, bad brands/models to avoid?

Appreciate any breadcrumbs to set me off on the right trail.

thnx.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:42 AM

Sub-zero makes such a an animal... if you don't mind paying grossly overpaying for medicore equipment.

#3 lunamander

lunamander

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 07:35 AM

Thanks.

BW, we finally figured out to Google on "All Refrigerator" and came up with a couple more optoins which I am including as an FYI as well as to see if you have any knowledge of them or opinion on the quality to expect from these manufacturers:  

Whirlpool EL7ATRRM

Summit R17W

Frigidaire PLRU1777DS  (this is a built-in and has a matching built-in freezer unit).

Thesse are all in the ball park of 16-17 cu ft.  (a bunch more option in tiny ones from several brands, these were the 'full-size' ones that looked pretty decent)...

Now ,I'll stop bugging you for 'preventive' purchasing advice and go back to trying to fix the appliances I already have that are broken.....

#4 exsearsguy

exsearsguy

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:41 PM

Many moons ago I had a customer come into the store looked at all the refrigerators we had, and wasn't thrilled till he opened up a frost-free freezer and said that's perfect. We told him it was a freezer,he asked could you make it a refrigerator. I looked at my partner, he said why not? We did(by changing out the thermostat). Never have seen a man so happy!

#5 Lurker_jy_*

Lurker_jy_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 17 November 2005 - 06:01 AM

Did you buy the Frigidaire PLRU1777 All Refrigerator and the twin sibling All Freezer?  If so, how has it performed?  Any problems with it?  I am thinking about purchasing the pair but there is not much review of this model.

#6 lunamander

lunamander

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:56 PM

Not yet.  Remodeling has been delayed and therfeore have not yet made the purchase.... if you get it let us know how it works out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics