Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BearsFan4Eva

BearsFan4Eva

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:09 PM

I just want to introduce myself.

My name is Lane and I have been battling appliances for 15 years now.  I worked for a local Whirlpool dealer straight out of high school for 6 years. Seeking more money I started my own repair business and have been at it for 9 years. I work out of my home and do pretty well for my fam with it.  Problem is I have been basically doin it blind with just wiring diagrams(if provided). Whenever I get into a bind I always turn to the net and seem to always end up here. So today i took the plung on the 99 year membership because its a hell of a bargain for help with service manuals and when I get stumped.

Even though I've been doing this for awile I still consider myself green and learn new things every day. I look forward to learning, exchanging problems and solutions with all of you, and I also have plenty of stories to share.

C u all around!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:48 PM

Konnichiwa, Lane, and welcome to the Samurai School of Appliantology! I sent you the access link to the repair manual stash-- check your email.

#3 grey shrek

grey shrek

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:56 PM

Greetings from the great frozen north. I have been doing appliance repair on and off for 20 + years and I didn't realize how little I knew until I joined this group . Found every one more than willing to help and over loaded with wisdom.

#4 BrntToast

BrntToast

fellow,academy of sublime masters of appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:i quit drinking the day i woke up nude on the hood of my car with my keys up my butt

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:41 PM

welcome abord
The only stupid question is the one not asked

hope i've been helpfull, if you wish to buy Brnt beer kick here

http://brnttoast.googlepages.com/home

feel free to prvt msg frigidaire questions my way

(i dont log in every day)

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:41 PM

Welcome Lane II, you've already learned the most important lesson and that's that you'll always be learning, we are all just "forever Grasshoppers". The only difference between Onions and Bag pipes is that no tears are shed while chopping Bag Pipes!
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#6 grey shrek

grey shrek

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

Being Scottish ancestry , I feel some of us would shed a tear. I may have to stop in Calgary and have a chat ....:bathead:

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:29 PM

[user=47977]grey one[/user] wrote:

... I may have to stop in Calgary and have a chat ....:bathead:

:runover:

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#8 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:32 AM

[user=47977]grey one[/user] wrote:

Being Scottish ancestry , I feel some of us would shed a tear. I may have to stop in Calgary and have a chat ....:bathead:

Great, you can play the pipes, whilst I drink the Irish Whiskey- being of Irish descent,we wouldn't want to offend anyone.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#9 Robin the Hood

Robin the Hood

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:08 PM

Welcome, Lane II!

The more, the merrier!

And this IS an awesome forum...much to be learned, and as previously mentioned here, it IS an ongoing process...the learning stuff, that is...
"If you want your tree to produce plenty o' fruit, you've got to cut it back from time to time. Same thing with your neural cells. Some people might call it brain damage. I call it prunin'".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics