Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

New way to connect wires

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:10 AM

• Somebody left these out side my office door one day, has anyone else used them??
  • Posted Image
  • Posted Image

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 denrayr

denrayr

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:53 PM

i dont like the idea of them. i guess im old fashioned but when i do electrical work i never use the quick connects, i always make a loop and use the screw terminal.
RedRock Appliance Service

435-773-7838

www.redrockrepair.com

Serving St George and Southern Utah

#3 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:37 PM

I tried them and didn't like them.
Scott Wolf

#4 volleyball

volleyball

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:33 AM

I'd hesitate to use them on anything of mine. doesn't look easy to remove and reinsert and what about stranded wires? On my house, I've had 2 of my 115v duplex outlets loose connection on those press in connections. Not my original work and they did last decades but still a pain to find.

#5 neurodoc

neurodoc

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 01:02 PM

These are actually pretty good substitutes for "wire nuts," with two caveats: 1) they take up more volume; and, 2) they can't be easily disconnected, i.e., you should consider them "permanent," unlike wire nuts that can be unscrewed. I use them mostly in running cable through a series (actually it's a parallel circuit) of recessed ceiling lamps. The bulkier nature of these connectors is actually compensated by the fact that you don't need to run a "pigtail."

The only question I have regards the "ampacity" of the copper clips in this device. It may not be beefy enough to handle high loads...but I don't worry about that for lighting circuits. 

#6 Tim M

Tim M

Kohai

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:37 PM

Something like them came with some outlet strips I installed, they were a huge hassle, but nothing else would fit inside. Next time I'll put a box at the end of the strip so I can use good old-fashioned wire nuts that can be disconnected!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics