Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
rangerman

Kenmore F/F Freezer

2 posts in this topic

I'm a cheap guy that wants to try and fix things myself.  I just bought a used freezer and plugged it in and it immediately started getting cold...so far so good.  But after 24 hours the compressor is still running non stop and the sides are very hot to the touch.  I'm afraid the defrost timer may not be turning and it's somehow stuck in some defrost mode or maybe the thermostat isn't telling the compressor when to shut off.  Is it normal for the sides to get hot like that?  The inside of the freezer is cold and the food is staying frozen. 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Clean the dog hair out of the condenser and make sure the condenser fan starts running normally after you remove the mouse carcass stuck in the blade. Should be good to go.