Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GEGTS22ICMBRWW

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jrhexp

jrhexp

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:23 PM

Hi, Noticed my fridge was warm. Checked and found evap coil iced up defrosted and put back on line fan and compressor came on for a while then just stopped. Any one know sequence of magic board in back of fridge? What resistance should sensors read? Thanks for a great fourm.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 30,903 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:35 PM

For the thermistors, just check to make sure they're not open. Set your meter to Rx1K and check the continuity that way-- they actual resistance is not important since these devices fail open.

See this thread for more discussion on your problem.

#3 jrhexp

jrhexp

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 03:30 AM

Just an update.Checked the resistance of the thermistor's none were open. Sometime after that while I was at work contemplating whether or not to spring for a new main board the thing started to work and has been for a day or so??????????

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 11 August 2005 - 07:20 AM

Cannot get that model number to come up, is this a G.E.?  If so the thermisters have known problems so might not be a bad choice to replace all of them, might be 2-3 in there, so not know since cannot pull up this box.  Re-check that model number.

Need parts? Call our Parts Department now! 877-803-7957

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

#5 jrhexp

jrhexp

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 03:18 AM

Yes it is a GE  GTS22ICMBRWW.

#6 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 12 August 2005 - 05:10 AM

LOL, I was using the whole number with the GE in front, did not think to seperate that from the model number.....dah......;)

Need parts? Call our Parts Department now! 877-803-7957

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics