Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE REFRIGERATOR

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Zedd The Grasshopper

Zedd The Grasshopper

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:23 PM

Hello all

i am trying to replace an evaporator fan in this GE refrigerator.This particular part has a small curcuit board.It is extremely difficult to obtain,and costs in excess of $100 dollars,and i think that it's ridiculous to pay for an evap fan so much money.

My question is:is there a cheaper substitute/solution?can i use a universal fan?

Thanks

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 01:37 AM

Supply a model# and someone will help you out.....

Looking at your picture it shows G.E. part# WR60x253, since this is a genuine G.E. part it's not surprising that they want $102 for it. (Side note: $102 from RepairClinic is a really good deal, my parts suppliers wholesale cost is $102.06 and suggested retail $132.23)

Typically G.E. parts are about 3x the cost of any other brand. If you found that same motor and it was for any other brand of refrigerator you would probably be paying around $30-$50 tops.

If it didn't have that special little circuit board, (which most likely gives feedback to a computer board), then a universal replacement for a much lower price could probably be obtained -- This is a special G.E. part so if you want to fix your refrigerator then you will just have to bite the bullet and pay the price.

As far as this part being difficult to obtain, should be no problem obtaining it, you just may have to wait a little longer then normal since it is not in stock at RepairClinic.
It's probably not that popular of a part, even my parts supplier only has in stock, one in each of 7 out of over 13 part locations.

I don't know how long RepairClinic takes to obtain a special order part but whould not imagine much longer then a week or two -- you would have to inquire with RepairClinic as to how long there special orders usually take.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,711 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:16 AM

[user=36]Budget Appliance Repair[/user] wrote:

I don't know how long RepairClinic takes to obtain a special order part but whould not imagine much longer then a week or two -- you would have to inquire with RepairClinic as to how long there special orders usually take.

I order parts from RepairClinic frequently, including special order parts. I've never had to wait more than a week to 10 days for my part.

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 10 August 2005 - 05:02 AM

MODEL:TPX24BIYA    Was in the Topic name....Also be advised Zedd,  when these motors go out they usually take out the computer board also so you may have more than the fan motor problem...
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:33 PM

The force is telling me that fridge has no motherboard.

#6 Zedd The Grasshopper

Zedd The Grasshopper

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 04:35 PM

Problem solved.Just bought the darn fan.works great.

I thank you Grandmasters:cheers::gulp:

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics