Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Zedd The Grasshopper

GE REFRIGERATOR

6 posts in this topic

Hello all

i am trying to replace an evaporator fan in this GE refrigerator.This particular part has a small curcuit board.It is extremely difficult to obtain,and costs in excess of $100 dollars,and i think that it's ridiculous to pay for an evap fan so much money.

My question is:is there a cheaper substitute/solution?can i use a universal fan?

Thanks

post-1168-129045085772_thumb.jpg

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Supply a model# and someone will help you out.....

Looking at your picture it shows G.E. part# WR60x253, since this is a genuine G.E. part it's not surprising that they want $102 for it. (Side note: $102 from RepairClinic is a really good deal, my parts suppliers wholesale cost is $102.06 and suggested retail $132.23)

Typically G.E. parts are about 3x the cost of any other brand. If you found that same motor and it was for any other brand of refrigerator you would probably be paying around $30-$50 tops.

If it didn't have that special little circuit board, (which most likely gives feedback to a computer board), then a universal replacement for a much lower price could probably be obtained -- This is a special G.E. part so if you want to fix your refrigerator then you will just have to bite the bullet and pay the price.

As far as this part being difficult to obtain, should be no problem obtaining it, you just may have to wait a little longer then normal since it is not in stock at RepairClinic.

It's probably not that popular of a part, even my parts supplier only has in stock, one in each of 7 out of over 13 part locations.

I don't know how long RepairClinic takes to obtain a special order part but whould not imagine much longer then a week or two -- you would have to inquire with RepairClinic as to how long there special orders usually take.

[user=36]Budget Appliance Repair[/user] wrote:

I don't know how long RepairClinic takes to obtain a special order part but whould not imagine much longer then a week or two -- you would have to inquire with RepairClinic as to how long there special orders usually take.

I order parts from RepairClinic frequently, including special order parts. I've never had to wait more than a week to 10 days for my part.

MODEL:TPX24BIYA    Was in the Topic name....Also be advised Zedd,  when these motors go out they usually take out the computer board also so you may have more than the fan motor problem...

The force is telling me that fridge has no motherboard.

Problem solved.Just bought the darn fan.works great.

I thank you Grandmasters:cheers::gulp:

post-1168-129045085784_thumb.jpg