Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
stefan

GE defrost control WR9X489

6 posts in this topic

I just replaced my evaporator and defrost timer, but there are no markings on the timer to show me where it needs to be.  I have run it around a couple of times.  When I reach a certain point, the refrigerator stops.  I turn it just a little more and it comes on, but after 30 minutes my freezer still isn't cold and neither is the fridge.  Please advise me so I can get my wife off my back!!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

""""evaporator and defrost timer"""  YOu replaced the evaperator???  Did you recharge it with freon???  If so it will take 24 hours for the box to cool down.  The defrost time on the timer is only 3 clicks so sounds like the timer is doing its thing.  Think we need more detailed information here including the model number of this box.

Sorry about that.  I meant that I replaced the defrost heater kit, thermostat, and defrost timer.  The original heaters had a burned up wire on the right hand side of the bottom heater, so I'm pretty sure that was my problem.  I went ahead and changed out the timer since I had paid for it.  I guess my main concern is where do I set the timer to?  How many clicks past the point of turning off the fridge do I go?  Many, many thanks!

Turn it just till the box comes on and then leave it alone, it will do its timing by itself.  Put the controls of the frig in the center, close the doors and wait 24 hours for it to cool down.

Thanks a million!!  It's working like a new one now!

You are quite welcome...;)