Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Refrigerator Coldspot leaking water, pan under box is full...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 yaaqui

yaaqui

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:42 AM

Hi Folks, here is my problem (whaaaaa, my wife is turning me crazy)...

Kenmore  Refrigerator from Sears, coldspot 106.60832101  MFG 03/02

Recently we moved, I guess refrigerator came in bad position... After few days off, the refrigerator is leaking water, from the bottom, I removed the water from pan under the box, but next day is full again...and continue leaking...

I imagine it is condensing too much water every day....

Just point me to right direction, no to mention $100 box to call sears technician...

Thanks....

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 11 August 2005 - 12:37 PM

Hummmm, this is odd.  If it is defrost drain water check to make sure the doors are sealing properly.  If you have an ice maker hooked up look to see of somehow the water valve or lines to the frig are leaking water into the pan. If you moved into a real humid area opening the doors a lot will cause extra frost but have not seen this cause the pan to overflow...
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 yaaqui

yaaqui

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 04:45 AM

[user=533]Pegi[/user] wrote:

Hummmm, this is odd.  If it is defrost drain water check to make sure the doors are sealing properly.  If you have an ice maker hooked up look to see of somehow the water valve or lines to the frig are leaking water into the pan. If you moved into a real humid area opening the doors a lot will cause extra frost but have not seen this cause the pan to overflow...

Pegi, I do not have ice maker. We moved two blocks ways, and I understand it came laying down (just  for 15 minutes and then back to normal position. After two days off we turned on, and temperature looks fine, freezer and box...just the draining water on pan overflooding...

How do I check if doors are sealing properly? I will check visually this afternoon.

Do think that a sears technician will solve the problem?

By the way,  this is site is "best of the web"...gretz

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,163 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 12 August 2005 - 03:10 PM

[user=2743]yaaqui[/user] wrote:

How do I check if doors are sealing properly? I will check visually this afternoon.

Use the Federal Reserve Note (FRN) test: take a FRN (any denomination will do, I usually use the $1 ones since that's all Mrs. Samurai lets me have) and successively close the door on it around the entire perimeter. It should always require a slight tug to remove the FRN from the gasket closed on it. If not, then you have identified a gap. Simple as that.

#5 yaaqui

yaaqui

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:40 AM

That’s amazing…how this could happen…

Sunday morning’s fight again with my wife…finally she wants a new refrigerator…then  I came again,  I examined the drain hose, put some hot water and bleach as instructed…cleaned the drain pan… but I decided to keep an eye on the leaking, I left the refrigerator away from the wall just to check in intervals…3 hours later…not water in the pan, not water at all…but water around the wall…amazing the water came from the wall…watering system had an imperceptible leaking…only with the flashlight I was able to find it….I cancel the watering device from the wall… and problem solved….

Final advice, do not give it away…I trust this forum…and the applicantology’s masters…Here goes my donation …coink…See you next time.

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:08 AM

o.k, i'll bite ..............  how is it again that the water leaking in the wall found it's way into the evaporation pan(that just plain defies gravity!)- seems to me you would notice the lake forming in the kitchen/basement long before you would just "happen" to notice the evaporation pan was full. ????
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,163 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 16 August 2005 - 02:39 PM

Sounds like there's a leak in the icemaker water supply tube behind the wall! Better turn of the saddle tap valve taco-pronto!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics