Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
huggabug

Maytag Dryer

2 posts in this topic

Please help!  I need advice on my Maytag dryer.  Yesterday, everything worked fine, but there was no heat...so of course I thought it was the heating element.  I took the dryer apart and just jiggled the heating element, and then put it back together til I could get the part.  I started the dryer again, and there was heat!  But now, the heater stays on even when the dryer is turned off.  So, I purchased a heating element to replace.  Any ideas why the heater would work now, but not turn off?????   Also, any tips on how to get the heater off, the thermostat removed and put on the new heater, and the heater replaced  EASILY???   Pleeeease help!  Thanks, Tony:banana:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

When a heating element won't shut off after the dryer shuts off, it normally means the element has shorted to the case.  There is constant voltage to one side of the heating element and if part of the element touches the metal case, it completes the circuit, causing part of the heater to remain heating even after the motor shuts off.  :)   You need to uplug the dryer to keep it from heating.   The problem should be resolved when you install the new heater.