Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Dishwasher air gap leaks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pierre65

Pierre65

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:02 PM

The air gap on our Kitchenaide dishwasher leaks a prodigious amount of water during the wash cycle.  The water comes out from the gap and floods the countertop.  Any ideas?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,887 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:56 AM

Remove the hose that comes down from the airgap and attaches to the garbage disposal or drain pipe and clean the gookus from the hose and the nipple on the disposal or drain pipe.

If you have by anychance just installed a new garbage disposal before this happened, make sure you have removed the knockout plug from the dishwasher drain stub on the disposal.

Also take the plastic chrome cover off the airgap and then remove the plastic insert in top, (being careful not to break the tabs off), and make sure there isn't something like a pea or popcorn kernals stuck up in top of the airgap.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:53 PM

What'd you figger out?

More on dishwasher drainology here:

http://fixitnow.com/...-dishwasher.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics