Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Dryer vent is vacuum not exhaust.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lee Tu

Lee Tu

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:25 PM

I have purchased a new Frigidaire FEX831FS laundry center. I have found that it is dishonorable because it takes hours to dry. When I open the dryer door it is only mild heat present. Today I turned it on and went to check the outside vent and found that there is a strong vacuum, not exhaust! Any ideas? Is something wired backwards. Could this have been an installer error or factory error?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:28 PM

Unless there are any "joints" such as tee's etc. in your vent line, either the motor is spinning the wrong direction(not unheard of) or has the wrong blower wheel

Also make sure that the grille area in the front of the drum and lint filter etc does not have some obstruction such as plastic or other shipping materials stuck in it

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Lee Tu

Lee Tu

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:19 PM

Thanks kdog.

Is there some wiring the installer could have reversed? It is new so I am trying to decide to let them fix it or make them take it back.

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:23 PM

It wouldn't be electrical wiring ...

could be something simple .. as [user=637]kdog[/user] mentioned.. wrong Blower Wheel, wrong Motor or Drum Belt installed wrong ...

if they can't fix it , then have it exchanged ... ...

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics