Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
panochapower

fridge/freezer controls & ideal temps

4 posts in this topic

Kenmo C/S 106-60989990

dual controls - 1 cold thru 7 coldest - 4 rec setting

bought it used, it's black, i love it!

(frankly im not sure why they bothered putting numbers on the dials...)

everytime i open one of the doors i cant help but note whether its running or not & if so, is it running too much/often? if its doin' a great job at 4 can/should i cut it back a little? is there any sort of balance issue between fridge & freezer temps? how do i know if these dials even do anything?

well, i found a fridge/freezer thermometer so now im interested to know what the ideal avg temps are for fridge & freezer?

um, also, my freezer seems damned dry (ice cubes evaporate) is that me not using it fast enough or...?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Freezer 0-8 degrees

Frig  36-40 degrees

personal preference really 

[user=973]panochapower[/user] wrote:

um, also, my freezer seems damned dry (ice cubes evaporate) is that me not using it fast enough or...?

Yes, if you are real slow in using up your ice cubes they will eventually disappear. I quit using ice trays in my freezer because on the few occasions I went to get an ice cube they were empty trays, (and NO, I didn't put them back in the freezer empty).

[user=36]Budget Appliance Repair[/user] wrote:

[user=973]panochapower[/user] wrote:

Yes, if you are real slow in using up your ice cubes they will eventually disappear. I quit using ice trays in my freezer because on the few occasions I went to get an ice cube they were empty trays, (and NO, I didn't put them back in the freezer empty).

lmao! i do - but im the only one who'll bitch at me about it (& i can handle me)