Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

fridge/freezer controls & ideal temps

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 panochapower

panochapower

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 04:17 PM

Kenmo C/S 106-60989990
dual controls - 1 cold thru 7 coldest - 4 rec setting
bought it used, it's black, i love it!

(frankly im not sure why they bothered putting numbers on the dials...)

everytime i open one of the doors i cant help but note whether its running or not & if so, is it running too much/often? if its doin' a great job at 4 can/should i cut it back a little? is there any sort of balance issue between fridge & freezer temps? how do i know if these dials even do anything?

well, i found a fridge/freezer thermometer so now im interested to know what the ideal avg temps are for fridge & freezer?

um, also, my freezer seems damned dry (ice cubes evaporate) is that me not using it fast enough or...?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 12 August 2005 - 05:02 PM

Freezer 0-8 degrees

Frig  36-40 degrees

personal preference really 

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 12:37 AM

[user=973]panochapower[/user] wrote:

um, also, my freezer seems damned dry (ice cubes evaporate) is that me not using it fast enough or...?

Yes, if you are real slow in using up your ice cubes they will eventually disappear. I quit using ice trays in my freezer because on the few occasions I went to get an ice cube they were empty trays, (and NO, I didn't put them back in the freezer empty).
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#4 panochapower

panochapower

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 12:43 PM

[user=36]Budget Appliance Repair[/user] wrote:

[user=973]panochapower[/user] wrote:

Yes, if you are real slow in using up your ice cubes they will eventually disappear. I quit using ice trays in my freezer because on the few occasions I went to get an ice cube they were empty trays, (and NO, I didn't put them back in the freezer empty).

lmao! i do - but im the only one who'll bitch at me about it (& i can handle me)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics