Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

2 Women and 2 Calypso washers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:02 AM

In the last 2 days I've had these calls....

The first client is living in a wealthy development with a golf course winding around the mansions. She has a Calypso that has had many breakdowns, and a family with several children. I determine it needs a new wash motor that we will have to order one for her. She gets all mental and is making calls wanting it replaced.

My question is, what is the mental defect that prevents a MILLIONAIRE from ending their stress and BUY A NEW WASHER? You find more brains in any trailer park in the country. Who cares if you have a service plan, are you going to let your life be disrupted constantly by something that will never ever be a reliable machine? I've got no sympathy for these idiots, I hope it breaks down every week.

Subject number 2 has owned a Calypso for several years and has had numerous service calls. She knows if she washes rugs the pump will get plugged and the washer will fail full of water. Then she can't do her laundry until she can get it serviced,

My question is, what is the mental defect that will cause her to wash her rugs again and be surprised when it fails? The next time I'll tell her I don't stock the part on my truck anymore and make her wait a week for repairs. I have no sympathy for her , I hope the fool is washing rugs right now.

Master Nick,

On the cutting edge of mental defects everywhere
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 telefunkenu47

telefunkenu47

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:12 AM

Thats because they line those ma's with gold in the false hope that they will be replaced if they only generate enough service history on them. So happy I went on my own and only do collect calls. Code 30 on all of em.
Even root canal is easy...if you're a dentist...

#3 ROBBYRIG

ROBBYRIG

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:43 AM

Washing a five dollar rug and getting a $150 service call never has made sense to me either. But yet, it keeps me working..........

#4 BrntToast

BrntToast

fellow,academy of sublime masters of appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:i quit drinking the day i woke up nude on the hood of my car with my keys up my butt

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:07 PM

i tell customers to drop off rugs and bath mats at a laundromat with wash and fold service

its alot cheaper than me

The only stupid question is the one not asked

hope i've been helpfull, if you wish to buy Brnt beer kick here

http://brnttoast.googlepages.com/home

feel free to prvt msg frigidaire questions my way

(i dont log in every day)

#5 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:32 AM

Maybe their just lonely

#6 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:26 PM

Reminds me of people who wash corn skewers and plastic cutting boards in the dishwasher and then they get stuck in the pump and their dishwashers no longer work.
Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics