Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Amana Side by Side Service Manual

Stefania

As my first post, I take this occasion to thank Gurus and Newbies for their disinterested support and precious suggestions they constantly share here in the Samurai house.

Since Amana has been taken over by Whirlpool/Maytag, the support for this brand is day by day more difficult to achieve here in Italy.

In other European countries, Whirlpool takes care of Amana Customers and support them with technical assistance.

In Italy we're completely abandoned and there's only a Support Center in Bologna (150 miles away from my town) that can "suggest" (with no responsibility) some private "unbranded" repair men, that may "lend a hand"....

Therefore, even if I'm more familiar with short waves tuners and PCs than fridges, I have to leave oscilloscopes and signal generators apart and try by myself to solve the common and already discussed here, intermittent warming problem of my Amana Side by Side (my model ID is SRD520T).

I would like to start from the cleaning of the condenser coil and then try to go further, if needed.

I already have the Owner, "Use and Care" and Installation Manuals.

No one of these shows either a picture of the electric elements/parts and how to disassemble them.

So I need a Service Manual or, if unavailable, a Service Manual of a Side by Side really similar to mine (probably some Whirlpool fridges use the same parts and layouts).

If there's no really chance, even some suggestions or useful links are welcome.

Before pulling out all the food and transfer it to another box, I would like to have some knowledge.

Thanks again

Stefania :)

P.S. A small update to publish a link to a Maytag Side by Side fridge manual just to know if it may be used as a starting point (there are some more pictures than the Amana one)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stefania

• RegUS_PatOff

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I'm back to you just to confirm that my fridge is the

SRD520T (E)  P1308801W (E)

and from what I saw on the site you indicated in your previous, kind message and where the Manual RS5290000 R0 - 1998 is stored, the right one for my Amana (electric and not electronic) should be the:

RS520001 Manual

I tried to query the database on the same site, but I didn't succeed in finding it (I think that service manuals are obviously not indexed...).

I suppose that from a mechanical point of view, there are no meaningful differences between the two.

If I can't succeed in solving the bug with some cleaning, disassembling and reassembling, I think I will beg you to support me once more in rescuing the precise manual for P1308801W (RS520001), if this last one shows more than the technical information sheet (RT5290007) I already downloaded.

Thank you again for your patience.

Ste :headscratch:

upon closer investigation ... 

could be all the same ...

SRD520TE  P1308801W E    no listing

SRD520TE P1313101W E    RT5290014

SRD520TW P1308801W W   no listing

SRD520TW P1313101W W   RT5290014