Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Admiral LNC6750A71 spin problem troubleshooting

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kelfin

Kelfin

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Homemade fruit soda or chocolate milk. Amaretto sour on a bad day.

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:24 PM

I've managed to remove the agitator and inner drum of my Admiral top-loading washing machine, model LNC6750A71.  

Please check out the photo.  I have the following questions:

1) Do I need to remove the outer drum to get to the transmission and clutch?   If so, what tool do I need?  My socket wrench doesn't fit under the big metal ring (the mount for the inner drum?), and my wrench doesn't fit between the fins to the left and right of the nuts.

2) Am I on the right track to hunt down what's causing my washing machine to spin poorly / slowly?

3) The transmission/clutch for this model is all one piece.  It's all one $300 piece.   Have I entered the land of the "may as well get a new washer"?

Thanks!

- Kendra

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 27 August 2009 - 05:54 PM

Admiral LNC6750A71

may be similar     c 1996
Jenn-Air JW2000 Service Manual  Posted Image

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:44 AM

You will also need the tub seal and bearing kit, figure $80-$100 more in cost. Also, check the tub support, aka milkstool, for cracks and breaks.

I would junk it.
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#4 completeapplianceservice

completeapplianceservice

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:50 AM

i would try replacing the belt first if you haven't already, if that doesn't take care of it, it could be the thrust bearing assm. basically its the drive pulley assm as well as some washers and a bearing. its not to bad to replace it.

#5 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:34 AM

Take a gander at the link below.  It addresses no spins on a MAV unit which is the same drive system.  One quick check will tell you if it is the trans or brake not releasing.

http://fixitnow.com/...ashing-machine/

Slow spins are usually not the trans, belts as mentioned prior, motor pivot plate not allowing the motor to snap back (Dry or gummed up), etc. are the usual culprits. 

If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#6 Kelfin

Kelfin

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Homemade fruit soda or chocolate milk. Amaretto sour on a bad day.

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:19 PM

I checked the belt - no glazing, not shiny, no cracks.   Can it have other damage that wouldn't be visible, or can I assume it's OK?

Does silicone vs. bearing grease matter for lubing the motor pivot?   That doesn't look damaged, but it's definitely stiff and hasn't ever been lubed before.

Thanks!

#7 completeapplianceservice

completeapplianceservice

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:13 PM

the belt is the easiest thing to replace and inexpensive. if the washer has any age on it, it's just a good maintenance item to replace.

silicone is normally more of an adhesive or sealant, i would stay away from that. Vaseline is something you could use that you might have around the house.

#8 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:29 PM

The thrust bearing mentioned in your second post is located under the machine, and is part of the large centre plastic pulley, if you wish to remove the trans, the milstool and springs need to be removed and the tub flipped over to remove, but first you need to remove the nut from the top, at the bottom of the innertub. Please refer to the tests in the link that TTH provided in a previous post prior to making any "parts replacing" decisions.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics