Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Sears service man says there's nothing wrong!! HE2t front load

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 je

je

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Flying Monkeys Supercollider Double IPA

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:33 PM

My Kenmore front load HE2t has always shook like crazy on even medium speed spin.

I read the faq, and expected to find shock absorber, bearing, or even spider problems. However, I have a 3 year dervice plan... so I called them in.

I wasn't the one home for the appointment, but the tech looked at the shock absorbers, pronounced them A-OK, and stated that there's nothing wrong. The pedestals make the shaking worse - We just don't fill it enough, causing unbalanced loads.

This doesn't sound right at all. I've seen front loads half full that don't visibly shake at all. I wish I was home for the appointment, I'd have mentioned the bearing or spiders. Why would he do such a quick check and pronounce problem solved?

What recourse is there now? Should I call back with a note about the bearing or spiders?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 denrayr

denrayr

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:04 PM

a half load doesnt always balance properly. what type of flooring is the washer installed on? is it on a wood subfloor, or cement slab?
RedRock Appliance Service

435-773-7838

www.redrockrepair.com

Serving St George and Southern Utah

#3 je

je

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:12 PM

it's on the cement slab that the house is on. It's also levelled - with a level!

#4 denrayr

denrayr

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:24 PM

how are the feet? are they in good shape and clean? the first thing i look at on this type of call is making sure the rubber feet and floor are clean and oil free so they can grip. The washer may be level but the legs may not be adjusted so they are each supporting 1/4 of the weight, sometimes a slight 1/2 turn of one leg is all that is needed to regain stability.
RedRock Appliance Service

435-773-7838

www.redrockrepair.com

Serving St George and Southern Utah

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:49 PM

YouTube video ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 grey shrek

grey shrek

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:45 PM

On part loads , make sure everything in washer is sort of the same - towels, tee shirts , jeans , etc. Mixing these things can cause problems. Next , take two $100 bills and put one under each front foot - now when spinning see which bill pulls out and tighten that leg. Then tighten the lock nuts..   Water pumping out o.k.?  Also , I think there is a service flash that wants you to put an extra brace , etc. on the washer. Will look on Fri. and see if I can find.Hope someone here can give you the info.

#7 NCSU_laundry_tech

NCSU_laundry_tech

Senpai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:16 AM

that he2 and its sister the duet sport shake more than any other front loader. is it walking along the floor? if so you can get pads to go under the feet at lowes. it would shake less if you removed the pedestal.
To alcohol! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems.

#8 grey shrek

grey shrek

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:35 PM

After checking all our hints , and it still walks - put some shelf liner(the stuff that keeps things from moving around) under the feet of your unit. A cement floor is not the most level and even floor , so a little movement could put the washer in a slight wiggling position which would make it move a little more and away we go.

#9 grey shrek

grey shrek

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:35 AM

At last I found the service pointer for the he2.  www.servicematters.com     ref#8178772              You need kit# W10252502                    I have never seen let alone instal one of these kits , so do not know how much help they are. If you do this , please let us know .. Good luck:)

#10 BrntToast

BrntToast

fellow,academy of sublime masters of appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:i quit drinking the day i woke up nude on the hood of my car with my keys up my butt

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

even though a tech has looked at it, i would take the time to read the manual and inspect to make sure the shipping braces were removed when the machine was first installed

i've seen machines used for more years than yours and looked at multiple times before i went out and removed the braces

The only stupid question is the one not asked

hope i've been helpfull, if you wish to buy Brnt beer kick here

http://brnttoast.googlepages.com/home

feel free to prvt msg frigidaire questions my way

(i dont log in every day)

#11 K-man

K-man

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:46 PM

you said it is on a pedital,pull the drawer out you will find a hex screw on each side holding the rails on,remove screws push rails back remove drawer, but in a load on rinse and spin. the feet heads have 1/4 in. hex on top,get 1/4 in socket and ratchet,as it starts to  spin you will find one leg pogoing up and down, run that leg down, test each leg till you use the same torqe, this will stop the walking, they all shake some, we are all assuming the shipping bolts are removed.....you remove the drawer to get to the rear legs,forgot to mention that

#12 je

je

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:38 AM

The braces are definitely off :)

Magically, the thing doesn't shake now. The tech put it back right where it was, backed in the corner at an angle, but it doesn't shake (it was very dramatic before). I have to check if he levelled it (not like I haven't levelled it too).

I'm afraid to put it back even with the dryer and walls since the concrete floor isn't exactly level (move the thing around and you'll find out).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics