Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Larry

GE older side-by-side TFF22RC power cord question

3 posts in this topic

This AM found that the circuit breaker had tripped and the wall sockets had no power.  Plugged in the s-by-s in an extension cord then into another socket...heard a pop and the circuit tripped again.   I reset the breaker.   When I moved the power cord of the s-by-s, the refrig cut on & off....just moving the cord around will cause it to cut on & off.  I am going to replace the power cord but why would this cord cause the breaker to trip???.....How often do stationary power cords go bad????....I am confused.  Please help!!  

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Larry,   take the time to look at your overload and relay and see if you have any connections that are burnt there.  The overload and relay are on the compressor, this could be your problem....Ron