Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

KenKenmore

Ice Maker in Side-by-Side Kenmore

11 posts in this topic

the icemaker in my Kenmore sidebyside(1week after warenty expired106.54606300) no longer makes ice. I did the optical test and it flashed twice indicating that I needed to check my Control module. I jumped T-H but no manual cycle was started. I even replaced the water valve in the back(dual) The water dispenser in the door puts out a good flow but no ice. Do I need to replace the whole shibang?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[user=2797]KenKenmore[/user] wrote:

I jumped T-H but no manual cycle was started.

If you're sure about this, then you need a new control module.

Manual cycle may not work with the door open, need to tape the door switch(es) shut and try again.

Thanks Mac

I'm gonna get a new Module.

Thanks, I suspected the control module needed to be replaced. RepairClinic can save me $50 on a complete ice maker over the service guys quote.

Kenmore sucks

Ken

This is a Whirlpool frig with the Kenmore name stuck on the front.  The ice maker will not work with the door open and it also has a 50 minute lock out after a harvest cycle and if the ice system has been messed with.  Do not be surprised if your ice maker or the new head does not solve the problem if you try to jump T-H after installing the new head.  You might have to wait for the lock out time to pass.  These have known problems also of the thru tube to the ice maker clogging with ice so need to address that also if it has ice in the tube, there is a repair kit with a heater to fix this problem.

Thanks Pegi,

I'm a pretty handy fix-it guy, but how would you go about installing a heater kit along the water supply line to the ice maker. Doesn't it run between the inside top of the freezer and the outside? How do you access it.

Ken K.

Here is the manual that shows how your system works and you can see how the thru tube goes thru the frig...

Quite welcome....;)