Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JADE DRAGON

Whirlpool Imperial series 29" Gas Dryer MODEL # LGT7646AQ0

8 posts in this topic

Am trying to remove the blower on this machine. I  grab the motor shaft with a wrench and grab the stub of the blower with another wrench and attempt to turn the motor clockwise to loosen the blower, but the damn stub of the blower turns with the motor and won't keep still.  Now the blower stub is getting stripped and I am not sure what to do....  :shock:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hello, my stripped friend. Perhaps this picture will be of assistance:

wpdry106.jpg

sometimes i have to use a hammer and chisel and destroy the blower wheel if it insists on rounding off

I put a big ass pipe wrench inside to hold that motor still. I put a hammer Handle in between 2 fins at the 3 o'clock position. I slam down on the handle with a rubber mallet. That knocks em loose every time. Nice pic Moostaffer

Very interesting, I wanna try that--but what do you mean you "put a hammer between two fins?"  . And are you putting the big ass pipe wrench on the blower section that connects to the motor or on the outer  motor shaft?  

Thanks for the pic Moostafa.  I will give it a try!

Wow.  I hope it doesn't come to that...................

[user=4554]applianceman18007260692[/user] wrote:

I put a big ass pipe wrench inside to hold that motor still. I put a hammer Handle in between 2 fins at the 3 o'clock position. I slam down on the handle with a rubber mallet. That knocks em loose every time. Nice pic Moostaffer

YES!  It worked like a charm! Thanks applianceman18007260692!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0