Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Neptune MAH3000AWW (S/N31130024UU)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 richyfix

richyfix

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 02:14 PM

Oh Honorable Master,

Our Neptune MAH3000AWW (S/N31130024UU) Begins filling with water then stops after about+/- 10 seconds, and turns off.

I used spin cycle (also stops after a few seconds) to clear water from the inner drum, this washer has always had a sloshing sound when moving the drum back and forth around its access and it has always smelled.

Is this some kind of motor and/or controller issue?

The main control board, behind the timer looks ok, (no obvious components fried anyway)

Seems to be a popular problem, BTW, this is a September 1998 model front loader without a touchpad (switches instead) and it has worked (in its smelly fashion), since new.

Your indebted apprentice,

Rich

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Ron

Ron

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 02:56 PM

Richyfix,  This model had a bunch of bulletins on it.  On the smelly part of it, there was a flash where Maytag wanted the door boot replaced with a re-work because of mold and mildew.  Along with the boot,  they recomended to replace the tub cover.  As far as the other problem,  there was a flash out concerning a loss of nuetral wire continuity across the water valve solenoids down to the motor control board which can result in the board or motor losing the nuetral side.  So Rich,  you could be losing your nuetral...check the the crimped connections on the nuetral side.  Your model does have a flash on it where they recomended changing the motor, controller and harness.    Maybe Maytag can help you out with this deal....Ron

#3 mastertech011

mastertech011

Sōhei

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 04:43 PM

The sloshing sound is normal. Its the liquid used to fill the balance ring mounted on the tub, not water standing in the air dome as you might have expected. They all sound like that and its nothing to be concerned about. The liquid is in there to adjust the spin basket balance while spining at high speed.  They used to make a similar device for car tires at one time.

#4 Gunther Spass

Gunther Spass

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:23 PM

Konnichi-wa, Sensei,

I have just today had this exact problem in my MAH3000AWW S/N 33124155UY.

What was the actual fix for the problem so I can repeat it with my washer before dropping the $$$ for the baka ne repair person to do his crap shoot with new parts and my money.

I've got the mold problem too but the immediate need is to get the thing running again.  It just quits after 10 sec +- like richyfix's situation.

Domo arigato,

Gunther Spass.

#5 ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:ice house

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:25 PM

check and inspect motor control board for burned resistors, diodes etc...., if visual checks ok then using a volt/ohm meter,  check for 110vac at motor control when you first turn it on.(measure between black and white wires at top of board).  should find service sheet inside main console with tips to check different functions.  as for the smell switch to powdered detergent and use warm/hot water wash whenever possible,run one cup liquid bleach thru a wash cycle using hot wash setting, it will help kill the organisms causing the odor.:poison:
"ratherbfishin"

#6 Gunther Spass

Gunther Spass

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:34 AM

Master Po,

OK - checked the power to the motor after pushing the "on" button.  No juice.

Looked at circuit board - fuse is toasted.  Other components (including 8 power resistors) all look normal - no discolorization.

I can jumper the fuse - temporarily (yes, I know better) - but usually fuses blow for a reason - to protect something else that's shorted so it doesn't wipe out other stuff.

Gunther "Grasshopper" Spass

#7 ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:ice house

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:31 AM

maytag policy on blown fuse is to replace motor and control pn 1200 2039   motor and board have been redesigned.
"ratherbfishin"

#8 Gunther Spass

Gunther Spass

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:33 AM

Well, nobody answeredfor a couple days - OK since it's the Thanksgiving week.

Needed to respond to wife's nagging about dirty clothes.

I tried replacing the fuse - soldered in.  Turned things on.  LOTS of spits & sparks.  Ctrl board toasted - probably motor too.  $500 in parts and $200 in labor/time - and I'll just have to do it over again later when it breaks again.  Maytag dog worked OK for about 10 years without ANY repairs so it's time anyway.

Ordered Staber from Staber.  It'll arrive in a couple weeks.  No part in that washer costs more than $180 and they'll help you over the phone for no cost forever.

Did laundromat yesterday and caught up.  I had forgotten how much better your own washing machine is.  Wife is happy again.

If the wife is unhappy, EVERYBODY'S unhappy.

Over and out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics