Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Jenn-Air WW27430P oven will not unlock after self clean

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ciucca

ciucca

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:17 PM

After running the self clean cycle the oven door will not unlock for many hours.  The fan is on and the red "lock" is illuminated on the display.  I tried turning off the circuit breaker for over 1/2 hour but it does not reset the oven, in fact the time increments for the duration of the power down.  That seems strange to me.

Also another issue is that the oven will not go on with the probe plugged in.  I just ignored this since I do not really need the probe, but could this be part of the issue?

Does anyone know what could be wrong (with the locked state)?  Also is there a way to reset the control board so it will unlock and put the oven back to ready mode?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:16 PM

“The Rules”:

Rule #1) Don't ever use Self-Clean on any Oven.

Rule #2) If you're thinking about using Self-Clean, see rule #1.

Self-Clean uses nearly 1000F for 3 hours or more.   :burning:
That can wreak havoc on Electronic Controllers and Connections

WW27430P Service Manual

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 ciucca

ciucca

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:16 PM

Any Idea how to get the door open? It is locked even with the power off.

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:42 PM

Looking at PDF page 48:

If you were to jumper Terminal L2 to the Grey Wire on Terminal DRLK of the Upper Relay Board,
the Upper Door Lock Motor should rotate (if the Door Switch is closed and working) 

Pull on Oven Door while momentarily jumpering the Terminals

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,146 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:29 AM

Can also fashion a hook out of a coat hangar and slip it in the top of the door around the door latch hook to gently retract it. I forget which direction to pull but the parts breakdown diagram would reveal that. See the manual that Sublime Master Reg linked you to.

#6 ciucca

ciucca

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:10 AM

I guess I will try the coat hanger trick, since I not sure the top control panel will come off with the top oven door locked.  There are 2 screws on each side I can reach with the door closed.  Is that enough to remove it?  I had it off once before to replace  a dim clock display, but I cannot remember if there are any more screws to remove than above.  The manual seems to imply the door must be open.

From looking at the manual and trying the test modes I get an F3 code.  I think this means I need a new oven sensor (is this a correct assumption?).  I'm not sure I understand all the instructions the manual says about oven sensor replacement.  It mentions "to reassemble use a probe"(?) and attach to the quick connect.  Does this part come with the oven sensor?  For all those who have attempted this repair in the past.  Can the sensor be removed without pulling the unit from the wall mount?  The oven sensor replacement description on pg 12 is not that clear to me.  Does anyone have any tips? 

thanks.

#7 ciucca

ciucca

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:06 PM

Do the experts here think it is ok to splice the new sensor to the wire I can pull from the back? I think the wire is caught on something in the back and will not even get to the point of trying to pull the connector through the square hole.

#8 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:51 PM

yes, although ceramic wire nuts would be better ...

from the Installation Instructions:

1. Remove screws and inoperative sensor.

2. If the existing wiring has been spliced previously, reuse the old wire nuts to make the connections. On some models, the sensor may be serviced from the front, on other models the hole in the oven liner is not large enough for the wire nut to pass through and must be serviced from the rear. 

Important: Make sure the wire nuts are completely through the insulation and not touching the back of the oven cavity.

3. If wire nuts were used to make connections, ensure they are properly positioned. Reinstall sensor with screws removed in step 1.

click on picture
Posted Image

#9 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:24 PM

OR

Porcelain Wire Connectors - Medium (pack of 15)   $ 6

click on picture
Posted Image

#10 ciucca

ciucca

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:27 PM

Thanks!

I will use the ceramic wire nut method since I am not interested in pulling the oven from it's mount.:D

#11 ciucca

ciucca

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:21 PM

After some jiggering I was able to get the connector through the hole and replaced the oven sensor without splicing the wires. 

After putting the new one on all is well for now.

Thanks again for all your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics