Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE profile

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 routisanta

routisanta

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:54 AM

This web site has been extremely helpful to me, krudos to you geniuses!!  I have a ge profile side by side that has ice that built up behing the freezer cover.  I have replaced the defrost timer, the heater, and it is still icing up extremely fast.  The compressor is working great, the fans are on, and everything else seems to be intact.  The silver part by the compressor is also icing up.  It looks like this is the spot new freon is added if needed.  I am open to any suggestions u may have.  Help!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 yambag

yambag

IkkĊ-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 01:30 PM

I think that there is too much freon in the system.

#3 routisanta

routisanta

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:39 PM

OK.....what are the correct steps to letting freon out?  Thanks

#4 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:52 PM

You call an EPA-certified appliance repair technician, who after determining the exact nature of your problem, will either evacuate the system and recharge with the correct weight of the correct refrigerant or recover any excess charge in the system to restore correct operation. In either event, he/she will recover any refrigerant removed from the system into an approved container for proper disposal/recycling.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#5 routisanta

routisanta

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:41 AM

Before deciding to call the tech, I jiggled the blue wire around to the heater at the bottom of the freezer.  Behold the heater kicked on!!!!  There must of been a loose connection there.  So here's my new situation.  The heater kicks on, melts the ice built up on the coils and around the freon input outside the fridge.  After the heater kicks off, it doesn't ice up, but there is noticable "ice flaking"around those little protective things around the coil.  Is this natural?  Everytime the heater kicks on, the coil defrost drips down into the little drain at the bottom of the freezer, but it seems like its alot of water.  Fridge is getting cold, so is the freezer.  Lastly, what temperature should the fridge and freezer be?  Thanks again.....Your expertise is greatly appreciated!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics