Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
routisanta

GE profile

5 posts in this topic

This web site has been extremely helpful to me, krudos to you geniuses!!  I have a ge profile side by side that has ice that built up behing the freezer cover.  I have replaced the defrost timer, the heater, and it is still icing up extremely fast.  The compressor is working great, the fans are on, and everything else seems to be intact.  The silver part by the compressor is also icing up.  It looks like this is the spot new freon is added if needed.  I am open to any suggestions u may have.  Help!!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I think that there is too much freon in the system.

OK.....what are the correct steps to letting freon out?  Thanks

You call an EPA-certified appliance repair technician, who after determining the exact nature of your problem, will either evacuate the system and recharge with the correct weight of the correct refrigerant or recover any excess charge in the system to restore correct operation. In either event, he/she will recover any refrigerant removed from the system into an approved container for proper disposal/recycling.

Before deciding to call the tech, I jiggled the blue wire around to the heater at the bottom of the freezer.  Behold the heater kicked on!!!!  There must of been a loose connection there.  So here's my new situation.  The heater kicks on, melts the ice built up on the coils and around the freon input outside the fridge.  After the heater kicks off, it doesn't ice up, but there is noticable "ice flaking"around those little protective things around the coil.  Is this natural?  Everytime the heater kicks on, the coil defrost drips down into the little drain at the bottom of the freezer, but it seems like its alot of water.  Fridge is getting cold, so is the freezer.  Lastly, what temperature should the fridge and freezer be?  Thanks again.....Your expertise is greatly appreciated!!!!