Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Profile PDS22MCPBWW service manual request

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vivalamigra

vivalamigra

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:39 PM

Senores y Senoras:

I MAY have fixed my warm beer, plenty of ice problem (replaced control board and evap thermistor) thanks to the info gleaned from this fine forum.  If not, the evaporator should freeze up any day now....it's been about two weeks since I made the repair.  So far, so good. 

should pull the cover and check the evaporator for ice-up this weekend, but I probably won't, because I am a lazy, S.D. Chargers-watching couch potato, and I would prefer to just drink my cold beer in peace.

If it freezes up again, or when something else inevitably fails, I'll be in need of a service manual and any other top-secret info (e.g. service bulletins) on this model.

BTW, Serial # TFO64291 appears to fall about five minutes out of the motherboard recall....hmmm.  Looked like a couple of blown caps and a bit of heat under the two large resistors (R95,R96) on the original board.

I also installed a Leviton duplex surge suppressor in the wall for a bit of added insurance.

Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:23 AM

PDS22MCPBWW

maybe ...
PDS22MCRBWW

Other users whose serial numbers were out of range have had good luck calling GE's 800 number ..

The Board may be in warranty, and they may send the Board to you, but you may have to have it "installed" ;)  by an authorized GE servicer ...

GE_Refrig_Board.pdf  Posted Image

service manual link PM'd

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 vivalamigra

vivalamigra

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:40 AM

Received.  Thanks!

I swear it is MCP.  Here's photographic evidence.  According to the manual you just sent me the "P" stands for model year 2003.  Interesting, I guess my fridge is actually two years outside of that recall.  I can't believe I've had it that long.

I think the really rare part of the model number is the BWW at the end.  That never seems to come up in a parts search, only AWW.

I figure it got lost in the Maquiladora shuffle, or maybe the ones that were stuffed full of pot before they were shipped across the border have a unique model number, thus the "P". haha.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics