Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Lennox G27M3-75A

mesotracker

This is my first post, thanks for having me aboard!

My problem was with a Lennox G27M3 75A 80% furnace. I forgot the age, and the serial number, but my problem arose when it came time to replace the boards. It has a blower control board, and the surelight control board, easy enough.

Since the furnace was built, both boards have been updated, and the updated board comes with a harness to connect to the other, old board. The problem arises when you need to order BOTH boards. The old wiring, obviously does not work, and neither of the update harness will allow you to connect up each board to each other. I called Lennox tech support, and their expert answer was as follows:

"at this time we do not make a harness to connect two new boards together, I guess you will just have to figure it out and do the best you can!" I kid you not...that is verbatum!!

I spent 8 hours rewiring,splicing and taping and finally got it all working. I was so close to condemning it due to parts no longer available.

Ive sent a letter to lennox, in addition to the phone call, and I advise all other techs who come across this to do the same. If they want us to fix their equipment, they must supply us with parts!!

thats my rant, and Im sticking to it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there -

Just curious - were you trying to find OEM only? I've ran into this numerous times and never had an issue getting a harness to match up. Maybe I have just been lucky :):). However, I do have MANY retro-fit harnesses taking up space if that tells you anything! Glad it did work out for you after the extensive work but check out some of the online wholesalers. This is generally where I obtain my stock, rarely OEM, and in case it's an ASAP item, they have a local brick & mortar.

Archived