Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LG WM2377CW Front load washer Service Manual

Hi.

Looking for a Service Manual for an LG washer that I bought in Canada at SEARS in Dec of 2006........ Model WM2377CW.

Also listed on the user manual that came with it was WM2477  but MINE is a 2377

So I assume the 2477 might be close.

I can't seem to find much about this washer model in any forum........ I wonder if that model is Canadian and or it might be listed as another model number in the US or elsewhere.

I have the damm musty smell although getting better with the tub clean cycle I might have to take it apart and give a real good cleaning

Thanks for your help........

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RegUS_PatOff

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't be a need to take it apart.

Our LG developed a musty smell after about a year...

I checked under the Lip of the Door opening Seal and found some gookus.

Dirty soap suds splash up there and collect, and normally, the water level doesn't get that high to keep it rinsed.

I cleaned that, and now run a Tub Clean Cycle once a month ...

Here's a similar xx77  LG Service Manual

I sorta agree about taking apart .......... not going to unless I have to

I seen a picture on the net of someone that took there's apart and the inner tub was coated ALL OVER with  the "gookus" you are talking about.

After numerous TubClean cycles I got rid of the smell and the gookus that was underneath the rubber seal on the edge of the tub........ I am just not sure what the rest of the tub looks like based on the picture I saw and the fact that the smell started coming back after about 2 weeks.  Makes me think after almost 3 years use that there could be a lot built up and not getting cleaned out.

I did a tub clean cycle last night and watched how clean the water was.... there was still some large pieces of the gookus showing up. I figure as long as the tub clean cycle is fairly clean then the washer should be clean and the last one of those 2 weeks ago was clean

I have done a lot of reading on the FL smelly washer problem and found that it could be a number of things. We have changed what we use and how we use it and it seems to helping with the smell

Anyway I thought if I could get my hands on a service manual now it would save me sometime when something does happen to the washer during a holiday or Fri night about 5:05........ did have to take the pump apart once it had a tooth pick stuck in it

So if anyone has one it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Sorry was to busy explaining why I might have to take it apart I didn't see that you posted a manual........ eyes are a great thing if used LOL

THANK YOU

[user=57568]DFR619[/user] wrote:

... didn't see that you posted a manual........ eyes are a great thing if used LOL ...

sometimes :ooo: My eyesight isn't as good as it once was, either 

(see RegUS_PatOff

)

Do you have a link to the picture of the Inner Tub gookus ?

Do you have a link to the picture of the Inner Tub gookus ?

I have looked at SO many sites trying to fix the smell problem that I am not sure what one..... Give me a couple of days and I will check my history ect. I am busy 2night

That manual looks close to my washer .......a few different options

Thanks again

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf452244.tip.html

I googled and found it first thing

There are many many stories on this and just as many answers

After reading a lot of this I think it has to do with overuse of soap and fabric softener

The temperature of the water

The hardness of the water

The more you read the more different answers you get

Whats your experience????

PS If this has carried on to far in the service manual thread please move to appropriate place

New here and not trying to get canned first thing

LOL

Thanks

or the wrong soap ..

should be HE only..

liquid soap is worse ... (made from wax)

I don't think that picture is mold gookus (it would be black), maybe other gookus from :

"My washer is 5 years old and has been through many cycles, since I've had a few room mates over the years."

feedback_image.lasso?id=83687887

That's the color of the stuff I am getting ....... between the gasket and the drum if you put your finger in there it was all covered in a brownish grey slime.

I figure if you took my tub apart thats what it looked like

You don't see it if you do a cycle without clothes in it but if you use the tub clean there are pieces in the water while the tub is cleaning

Although mine has gotten A LOT better now

I think hot water helps to get rid of it too

Probably not going to take it apart unless it keeps starting to smell every 2 weeks

And yes switched to powder and even some vinegar for fabric softener

The POSITIVE PART of this is the Soap and  FS bill are going to go way down

Hope we can figured out on the smell part