Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Warm on fridge side diffuser problem resolved

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 paschal_old

paschal_old

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:23 AM

Thanks for the help on this forum. I finally received the diffuser and thermistor and installed two days ago.

To anyone with this type Kenmore fridge (Whirlpool) and this type problem it is not an enormous task. However had I not followed the good advice here, I would have broken something. The part has tabs on the freezer side. To get to it easily, as I was advized, the freezer duct must be dropped and the upper freezer light needed to be removed. The duct must be pulled loose from the diffuser in the freezer. Then with a putty knife, the tabs can be moved enough to release the unit where it can be pulled back into the fridge side. Took less than an hour start to finish. Probably saved myself a ton of money in the process.

Just remember, once you warm a fridge up to room temperature, and then start filling it back up with food, it will take a couple of days to get the termperature on the fridge side to really agree with the digital thermostat.

I'm guessing to gain energy efficiency, they use a smaller compressor with more run time and maybe a bit less air flow. However 36 hours later, all seems to be fine.

This is a great forum. I feel very lucky to have found it.

Now maybe I can attack the small problem I have with the Kenmore dryer.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 16 August 2005 - 03:16 PM

Thanks for the update! :rocker:

#3 paschal_old

paschal_old

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 03:40 PM

Thank you for all help again. Other users If you have been give good advice and have success, please let everyone know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics