Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

display 000 on ge profile arctic fridge

FERRENE

I replaced teh muthaboard on the fridge because a repairman diagnosed it as bad. Now the display does not work at all - except it flashes 000 for a few seconds when various control buttons are pushed. I too am seeking a service manual to assist in diagnostics.

thank you

Welborn

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MODEL# PSC23PSSA SS

GE PROFILE ARCTIC SIDE BY SIDE FRIDGE

EVERYTHING SOUNDS GOOD.

FAN RUNNING AND FRIDGE ON.

BUT THE DISPLAYS ARE BLANK. WHEN I CLICK A TEM BUTTON 000 SHOWS UP AND BLINKS.

THEN IT GOES BLACK AGAIN.

I GOT A TEMP READ OUT ONCE BRIEFLY AND THEN IT WENT BLACK AGAIN.

THAT ONLY HAPPENED ONCE.

PROBLEM  WITH THE FRIGE WAS THAT IT WAS NOT STAYING COLD.

DEFROSTING ON OCCASION AND FORMING ICICLES HANGING FROM THE ICE MAKER ICE HOLDER.

THANKS!!

Hi I'm back.

I ran the test on the system.

One area failed.

03 - Temperature control panel to

dispenser board communication

FAILED

What does this mean and how can I fix it.

The manual told me how to perform the test but I haven't been able to find the area that addresses this problem.  Still looking.

Also I bought a new motherboard I think I got it from you.

Why wen I installed it did it show blinking 000?

I was not able to get it into any testing modes at all and unplugging the machine and replugging didn't help. Just curious. Worried I may have a wrong part.

Thanks!

Welborn

Also when I lick the Turbo Cool button It gives me a strange symbol.

The readout looks like this: Ec except that the big E is missing it's top horizontal line.

Could this be related? What does it mean?

Thanks!!

I really appreciate the help.

Welborn

• 2 weeks later...

tc = turbo cool, the display board is powered via the motherboard, the harness running to the display panel conveniently has some test points in the wires near the muthaboard. There are 3 wires and should be 2 d.c. circuits of approx 12v

Thanks for the reply. I think it is the motherboard and I apparently purchased the wrong one.

The readout is supposedly correct and stands for Tubo Cool.

I'll try the new motherboard tonight.

I'll post the outcome.

Thanks!!

ok here goes!

I replaced my old Mothaboard with the new one.

Everything seems to be working fine.

However my old Mothaboard seemed to be working fine as well and we were having some defrosting problems.

I was concerned that everything was running fine so I ran the diagnostic. The fridge passed on everything accept 03.

It failed 03 the mothaboard communication with dispenser board. I got this fail with the old mothaboard as well.

Does it really matter? Is that what has been effecting the defrost control? Is it possible that by replacing the mothaboard with the new one that I fixed the defrosting problem but the 03 problem will persist?

Just trying to figure it out. Thanks!

could be a bad Freezer Evaporator Sensor (Thermistor) ..

they tend to go bad

your Fridge uses (3) others in the Fresh Food air-flow areas ...

WR55X10025

click on picture

00178630.jpg

Archived