Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Asko 1385 Dishwasher

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 maglib

maglib

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:36 PM

Help.  I think every appliance in my new home has problems.........................

The Asko model 1385 dishwasher looks and sounds great but, the dishes don't dry. 

Yeah I can leave the door open and let them dry but, I have a 2 year old who likes to take out the knives so I have hand dried the last 2 loads.

Any ideas?

I am using liquid cascade although I read that Asko suggests powder.  I also don't like using rinses so could this help? 

Thanks again.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 10:23 PM

Make sure you are not running it on an economy or fast cycle, as this can cancel out the drying phase. Normal or heavy cycles are better as the wash temp is increased also. If you have a user manual, flick through to wash options for more info or phone the manufacturer.;)

Hope this helps.
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 ethicalfix

ethicalfix

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:37 AM

I'm pretty sure this model has a drying vent that is opened by a solenoid at the start of the drying cycle to let the steam out.If the solenoid fails there is no where for the steam to go but condense back onto the dishes. The vent is in the door so you need to pull the front cover off to test the coil.

Remember the simple things.

#4 Saryn

Saryn

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 03:51 PM

two tips...one..if you can shake the top rack after it's over when things are still hot.  I seem to have problems with water sticking ontop of my cups.  2ndly, if these guys advice doesn't work, you could always just crack the door if your door allows it.  Hit the latch and let it crack.  if it locks in place with a lever, just undo the lever and let it open slightly.  Just enough that the 2 year old wont get his hands in there.

#5 maglib

maglib

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:03 PM

Running in normal cycle with drying. 

The dishes are very wet and I have a guy coming tomorrow to fix my attic fan (I'm claustrophobic) I'll have him check out the solenoid and see if that is the problem.  Makes a lot of sense as it is very damp in there and I don't see any humidity when the cycle goes.  There is always water left behind which in the directions is claimed to be normal.  I did check to make sure there were no clogs.

I'll let you all know how it turn out.

The 2 year old will open the dishwasher if I leave it open at all, in fact I have to keep it in locked mode.  For some reason he always goes for the dishwasher and doesn't bother with drawers nor cabinets......  Got me, as he has a mind of his own.

Thanks again.

#6 maglib

maglib

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:24 PM

Didn't mean to say normal.  The water that is left behind in the drain is supposed to be normal. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics