Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Builtin oven venting and fan noise

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 biver

biver

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:04 AM

This is not a repair question exactly, but a request for info from the repair folks, or others with an opinion. Apologies if the post is misplaced...

I am considering a kitchen remodel, and I am thinking about getting a double built-in oven (dacor and maytag stick out as they claim to be made in USA).

My main concern is the fact that most built-in ovens (of all brands) seem to vent into the kitchen:

1) There is a fan noise that folks often complain about on several online oven reviews. It is so prevalent that I wonder if those products whose reviews do not mention it are maybe written by people who are used to noisy kitchens. Do all ovens do this?

2) There is also the concern of adding heat to the kitchen via this venting. I have heard one Texan complaion about the added heat in the summer.

In my remodel, I am willing to put in a vent to the outside for the ovens, but I haven't seen any that would use it. Does anyone know of any builtins that will vent to the outside?

My other concern is one of dependability. Any advice from repair folks about which ovens are solidly built, easy to repair. Maybe it is sily to ask repair folks which ovens work well, as you most often get to see those that don't work well.

Also will be looking into builtin microwave and dishwasher, if budget will allow.

All advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics