Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
ke4vbg

Water Dispenser Problem

4 posts in this topic

My Whirlpool side by side water dispenser wont work.  When you press the lever you can hear water flowing for a second or two then it gets quiet.  It never makes it to the spout. I hear the solenoid click each time you press the lever.  Sometimes it used to work fine then it would quit for a while . It hasn't worked for a few months. Could it be freezing inside the door?

Thanks, Doug

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Oh Yeah, the Mod. No. Is ED25PQXDN01 Whirlpool. 

I don't have a good answer but my last whirlpool would not dispense if the refrigerator door was open so maybe there is something with the door button?

Hope an expert comes to help you.

[user=2860]ke4vbg[/user] wrote:

Could it be freezing inside the door?

Could be. Could be a bad valve or water supply, too. I'd start at the valve and verify that you have good water pressure at the water supply tube to the valve. Then, verify that you're getting 120v to the valve by having someone press the dispenser lever while you measure for voltage the valve. Finally, make sure the valve is actually opening when it gets voltage-- you'll have to remove the outlet tube on the valve, could get messy, be prepared.