Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Dishwasher sequence messed up

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sandpiper

sandpiper

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:08 AM

I have a Kitchenaid model KUDM01TJBS. It seems to be stuck in a certain sequence. When I press start, the "wash"  and "normal" indicators come on and the main motor runs. After 8 seconds, the "heater" indicator comes on, then goes off, then the "rinse" , "dry", and "clean" indicators come on in sequence for about 1 second each. The motor says on until the "clean" indicator comes on.   After this, everything turns off.

I have checked all of the following items to verify proper operation with an ohmmeter:

door switch, level switch, thermister (reading 55K), OT thermostat, fill valve (1 K), heater element (10 ohms), main motor (5 ohms), pump motor (16 ohms), thermal fuse.

I have checked all of the buttons on the panel. All work correctly with the exception of the delay selection. When you push the delay button, the "4 hour delay" indicator flashes 3 times and I cannot sequence to the 2 hour or 8 hour delay. The main motor and the pump motor both work, as I tested the pump motor manually with some jumpers.

I have the feeling the sequence board is bad, but it still is doing something. Shouldn't it just work or not work instead of doing this funny sequence? Am I missing something?

Regards,

the chapped-handed sandpiper from NC.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 18 August 2005 - 08:52 AM

Does this have the 0 or 1 at the end of the model number, different tech sheets.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:10 AM

Wonder if the dishwasher is in the rapid advance or diagnostic mode....read this from a the tech sheet where there is the 0 at the end of the model number to see if this is what it is doing.

[align=left]RAPID ADVANCE SERVICE[/align]
[align=left]FEATURE AND DIAGNOSTICS[/align]
[align=left]CYCLES[/align]

[align=left]Pressing the following option keys in the sequence shown will[/align]
[align=left]either start the Diagnostics Cycle or turn on the Rapid[/align]
[align=left]Advance feature for stepping through customer selectable[/align]
[align=left]cycles:[/align]

[align=left]HI TEMP SCRUB, AIR DRY, HI TEMP SCRUB, AIR DRY[/align]
[align=left]Or[/align]
[align=left]SANI RINSE, AIR DRY, SANI RINSE, AIR DRY[/align]
[align=left](Note: HI TEMP SCRUB = HI TEMP SCOUR)[/align]
[align=left](Note: AIR DRY = NO HEAT DRY = ENERGY SAVER DRY)[/align]

[align=left]If the above key sequence is entered after starting a cycle,
the[/align]
[align=left]Rapid Advance feature is turned on, which allows the operator[/align]
[align=left]to manually advance the currently running cycle, interval by[/align]
[align=left]interval, by pressing the Pots&Pans/Heavy or Anti-Bacteria/[/align]
[align=left]Cookware or Start key.[/align]

[align=left]If the above key sequence is entered with the dishwasher in[/align]
[align=left]Standby,
the Diagnostics Cycle is started. The Diagnostics Cycle[/align]
[align=left]can be rapid-advanced, interval by interval, by pressing[/align]
[align=left]the Pots&Pans/Heavy or Anti-Bacteria/Cookware or Start key.[/align]
[align=left]Note: The door must be closed before the Diagnostics cycle[/align]
[align=left]will run. Likewise, the door must be closed after each rapid[/align]
[align=left]advance selection of the P&P/Heavy, A-Bac/Cookware, or[/align]
[align=left]Start key for the control to advance to the next interval of the[/align]
[align=left]Diagnostics or currently running cycle.[/align]

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

#4 sandpiper

sandpiper

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:00 AM

Pegi,

You are amazing!!!!!   I owe you a billion billion thanks. It must have been stuck in rapid advance mode. I pressed "HI TEMP SCRUB, AIR DRY, HI TEMP SCRUB, AIR DRY" and it returned to normal operation.

I would have thought that turning off power would reset this mode. Maybe this is something for future improvement.

I was looking at replacing the sequence board. So this little tip saved a lot of aggrivation in addition to some cash. I will definitely bookmark you and pass the word on where to get help and parts.

I really do owe you. Thanks!!!

PS. The model number I gave you was from the manual, but I realize now that the name plate had a different model number KUDM01TJBL0, versus KUDM01TJBS on the manual.

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:18 AM

You are welcome, it sounded like it was stuck in one of these modes.  Someone pushed the keys in this sequece not knowing what this would cause.  The tech sheet for your unit will be in the dishwasher somewhere and will explain a lot about the workings of your unit.  Glad I could help before you replaced the control.  :cool:

#6 sandpiper

sandpiper

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:40 AM

I looked all over the unit for a schematic or any other kind of paper which might help. There is no schematic on the back of the toe plate or anywhere else. I looked under the insulation and in every crack I could find.  All I have is the owner's manual which doesn't explain much.

Would it be possible for me to get a hold of this tech sheet?

#7 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 05:35 PM

You bet your sweet bippie, here is the link to your tech sheet....  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics