Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Asko 1885 Dishwasher fills and drains but won't wash

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 kwaichan-san

kwaichan-san

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:23 AM

I have an Asko diswasher 1885 model that will fill with water and drain BUT is all quiet in the middle of the cycles as if the washing cycle doesn't exist. The timer will count down on the front electronic panel but no turnsey the sprayer arms.

Is this the sign of the circulation motor gone bad and needs replacing???

Kwaichan-san

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:00 AM

Take the outer door panel off and check for broken wires in the loom, running down from the control circuit at the top of the door. There should be a wiring diagram inside the door, this will tell you where to check on the programmer to test the resistance of the circ pump.
Either that, or check the pump by removing the toe panel at the bottom of the unit, The circ pump is the big one at the back.
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 kwaichan-san

kwaichan-san

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:37 AM

Oh Master Appliantologist....

I have replace the circulation pump motor on the Asko Diswaher 1885 and that works fine. Have run a cycle and dishwasher washes fine with no leaks. Problem I'm having now is when the cycle is finished all the LED lights on the control panel blink along with an "F2" code. The manual states the "F2" signifies there is a high level of water.

However, only a sliver of water remains in the drain cup and the sound of the motor just keeps gurgling (not sure if this is circ pump or drain pump) The only way I can stop the blinking of the control panel is to kill the power to the dishwasher at the breaker box.

In earlier troubleshooting..I let the dishwasher sit for a while (say six hours or so) and re-apply the power and this seems to reset the control panel. After another wash the same thing happens.

What do you suggest oh Master of Appliantology???

Kwaichan-san

#4 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 12:02 PM

Check for leaks in the base.  remove plug from wall and remove both the kick and service panels, get a torch and switch 'er back on.  Run it through a cycle.

Let us know how it goes;) 

#5 kwaichan-san

kwaichan-san

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 01:15 PM

Don't believe I have any leaks sensei.... But I hear the pump at the bottom ( sounds like the diswasher drain pump) gurgling and can't unplug it from the wall... Have a wire going staright to the breaker box.

What I do notice is that if I turn the power off of the unit..let it sit overnight... then turn the power back on.. the LED lights are not flashing anymore, and I can run any wash cycle until it finishes which then gives me the "F2" flashing light sequence again.

It's as if it's not getting an exit code and the control panel doesn't know it's complete.

I can't simply turn it off and reset the panel. It will flash the "F2" code again when the power is turned back on. Only when it sits overnight..or longer than several hours that it will reset back to normal.

What's this all aboot , eh?

#6 kwaichan-san

kwaichan-san

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 01:26 PM

One more thing... During a wash cycle it's normal for it to drain water a few times. The water is being seen pumped out into the kitchen sink connection so that would lead me to believe the drain pump motor is working. Or... could it be that the pump is damaged partially? Any suggestions???

Kwai-chan

#7 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 01:31 PM

I say again : Check for leaks in the base.  Remove plug from wall and remove both the kick and service panels, get a torch:shock: and switch 'er back on.  Run it through a cycle.:yikes:

And check the water level is correct.  This info will be in the book.:shock:

Let us know how it goes;) 

#8 Lurker_kwai-chan san_*

Lurker_kwai-chan san_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 30 September 2005 - 11:49 AM

:D

Oh.. Master of Appliantology... how insulant I have been for doubting your pearls of wisdom!!!! I took the kick plate out as you suggested.. turned a cycle on and voila!!!!  A leak !!!

Where the plastic flange meets the bottom of the diswasher tub ( that surrounds the drain inside the diswasher) water gushes out during a cycle. But of course does not when cycle is off.

Is there a sensor that detects this water leakage and gives the "F2" code?? If I interrupt the cycle before it finishes I can restart as many times as I need to. Just can't let it finish on it's own.

Does this mean a washer or impeller is bad that allows the water to leak through? If so How do you get to it and make repairs???

Your humble servant...

grasshopper kwai-chan

#9 kwaichan-san

kwaichan-san

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 07:55 AM

:shock:

Master Appliantologist....

If you have time could you please reply to my last post ??? Sorry to be so impatient .. just wife is putting pressure on me to get diswasher repaired. Don't need to get the serviceman rich...

#10 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:58 AM

If my instructions had been followed on the weekend past, maybe, my impetuous grasshopper, you would not find yourself in such a predicament:whipit:. I assume you mean it is leaking around the top of the plastic sump, where it fits onto the stainless steel base of the wash tank. If it is, the locking ring/clamp has split. It should be easy to tell were the part is located (unscrew anti clockwise).

Here is a link to view and order, if you wish, the replacement part http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=763889

Hopefully this relieves some pressure:tard:.

#11 kwaichan-san

kwaichan-san

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:11 PM

Obi-Wan.....

OK...I see the white lock ring that has to come off clockwise. I can turn it approx. 1/4 turn but because of all the soap grit or whatever I can't seem to turn it anymore than that. As you know it has 4 plastic prongs on the inside of the ring.

Is there a special tool or specific tool to use to unscrew this ring so I won't injure myself??

Again... many thanks....

Kwaichan

#12 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:09 AM

A big flat-bladed screwdriver onto 1 of the tabs and tap the end with something to knock the lock ring around until you can undo it with your fingers.

#13 kwaichan-san

kwaichan-san

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:14 PM

Master Appliantologist....:yikes:

After replacing the "O" lock ring in the bottom of the Asko dishwasher...I still see water coming out underneath the drain area under the tub. This only happens during the drain cycle.

The Asko dishwasher washes a cycle fine but when the drain occurs then you can see the water coming out from around the bottom of the drain. Of course this puts the washer in "F2" code - which indicates high water level...

What else could it be?

Kwaichan:drowning:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics