Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Lower Drawer on Fisher Paykel DD602

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RVChaser

RVChaser

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:39 AM

I recently removed the lower drawer on my Dishwasher to soak up water from a leak but now have a problem. When you open the lower drawer it "chirps" like normal but the LCD Handle display won't light along with the LED in the jet dry reservoir. I replaced the LED handle and the control board but still have the same result (I exchanged these parts with the top drawer and the top is still working fine). Any ideas?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,709 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:24 AM

[user=58879]RVChaser[/user] wrote:

I replaced the LED handle and the control board but still have the same result

By LED handle, do mean the LED display badge?

Which control board did you replace? The big (expensive) one?

#3 RVChaser

RVChaser

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:08 PM

The LCD display is what I meant, that doesn't light up at all. If I move it to the top drawer it lights up and works fine. Yes, I replaced the large control board (behind the front cover - white about 10"X 5" that has the various components plugged into it)

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:39 PM

If I remember something about the F&P Controller gets it's power through the Drain Pump.

Check and compare  Drain Pump resistances.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,709 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:52 PM

[user=3641]RegUS_PatOff[/user] wrote:

If I remember something about the F&P Controller gets it's power through the Drain Pump.

That's for the FP washing machine. The badge on the dishdrawer is supplied by the control board.

RV, only thing left is the wiring harness that connects the badge to the control board. Swap that out with the upper drawer, too.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics