Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fridge door misaligned?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cookie53

cookie53

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:14 AM

Recently, the door to our refrigerator seems to be out of whack..when it closes, the edges of a couple of the shelves that are in the door are rubbing against the center post.  They don't hit the post, but they graze the post. The top shelf just misses, but the 2nd shelf down bumps..the rest of the shelves (there are 6 total shelves) miss the post completely.  The freezer door is fine.

Last year, we had new hardwood floors installed, and they were put under the refrigerator, but they seem fine..I don't see any warping, or anything of the floors underneath.  This problem has just started happening, and I have no clue how to fix it!  I am afraid that it will get worse...Anyone have any ideas?  The screws that are on the hinges are tight (I checked them, thinking that they had become lose)

I appreciate any help that I can get.  Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:53 AM

Magic Chef model #NNS207GA (side by side

Hummmm, might want to take a look at where the hinges attach to the box, to see if they are wallowed out.  Also look at the door closers under the door to see if they are worn.   Something is causing the door to go left.  This is probably made by Maytag and they have issues with, not sure if it pertains to this box or not.  I will look at the information sheet later to see what it was about.  Also see if the divider between the FF and FZ comartments is swelling/bowing out, causing this to come over closer to the door???  We have seen this on other brands making the doors not close.

Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 cookie53

cookie53

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 03:33 PM

I am not sure what you mean by 'wallowed out,' but I did check the screws that attach the hinges to the box, and they are all tight.  Also, I don't know where to look for a 'closer.'  Can you direct me, so that I can check the closer?  I looked at the wall between the freezer and the fridge...it appears straight..I do not see any obvious bulge or anything.  I appreciate your help with this puzzle!

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 19 August 2005 - 04:46 PM

This is a breakdown of your food compartment door, look at the parts at the bottom that have to do with holding the door and also the parts at the top.  It might be some of the parts have worn out.  Perhaps the door is adjustable so you can loosen the hinge assys and slide the door back to the right somewhat?

Posted Image

Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,396 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 19 August 2005 - 05:16 PM

Check cabinet square. As a floor settles, one of the cabinet footings can move relative the other footing, resulting in uneven weight distribution and the cabinet warping in response. If all your hinges and the accompanying washers/spacers are intact, that leaves cabinet square is the most likely problem.

I've also seen hinges and hinge pins get bent from kids swinging on the fridge door.

#6 cookie53

cookie53

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 03:34 AM

Thanks for the assistance..Last night, my 20 year old son figured out the problem (I think)...He pushed the metal piece that covers the seam between the freezer and fridge towards the freezer, and there was just enough play in it so that the shelf does not hit it.  To test it, I pushed it back towards the fridge, and sure enough, the shelf grazed it....So, I am thinking that the metal piece was pushed towards the fridge at some point?  It is only a minimal amount of movement...but enough..

Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics