Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
mctuna

kenmore front loading washer model 417.4304.2300

7 posts in this topic

My kenmore front loading washer model 417.4304.2300 has a problem. The tub does not seem to be attached to anything and spins unevenly, off center, resulting in an extremely loud rattling noise as it bangs againt all sides. It does not spin all the water out of the clothing and leaves water in the bottom. I removed the lower front, drained, cleaned and reassembled the pump. I removed the back plate and the belt is attached, the counterweight is in place and the lower springs as I see them are attached. I noticed white plastic or nylon chips on the bottom. I leveled the diagonals and it still has the problem shaking and rattling like a 52 Studebaker. THe full data is below:

Sears Roebuck Kenmore front loading washer

Model417 4304 2300

Serial XC 40313442

115 V AC 60 Hz 12 amps

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You have had a major failure of the spider arms that support the spin basket.

Depending on your warranty the stainless spin basket and spider arm support assembly maybe covered under the manufacture warranty, but you would have to have an authorized Sears warranty servicer do the repairs and you would have to cover the labor charges that might be more than you want to put into the machine.

[user=57990]mctuna[/user] wrote:

... I removed the back plate and the belt is attached, the counterweight is in place and the lower springs as I see them are attached....

You can't see the Drum Support Spider unless you open the Tub assembly.

http://applianceguru.com/view_topic.php?id=22004

http://fixitnow.com/wp/2009/10/28/front-loading-washer-corrosion-contagion-a-menagerie-of-metallic-misery/

Thanks, I assume the links show how to do this?

not really, but after viewing the links, I don't think you'll want to ...

No need assume anything-- click 'em and see! :shades:

HOLY MOTHER OF RICHARD NIXON!! I worked on nuclear subs and reactor assembies but I think it would be easier to buy a new washer after watching those and looking at the diagrams!!!