Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Hoosier56

maytag dishwasher Model DWU8860AAX

6 posts in this topic

I replaced the drain hose with a new Maytag model. The old split and did a number on the floor before I found it. After replacing the hose the machine started leaking towards the end of the wash/rinse cycle at bottom left corner. I can't see that the black molding is split or damaged. I did notice the new hose is longer than the original if that makes a difference. When I stopped the machine in mid cycle, the water is about 2-2.5 inches in the bottom.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stuck Hoosier

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You pulled the dishwasher out to replace the drain hose, right? Ok, you didn't get it back in the cubby square, one of the legs is jacked up or the dishwasher is sitting slightly askew. Doesn't take much. More help on diagnosing door leaks here.

Nope. I didn't have to pull the dishwasher out to thread the new drain hose. I didn't recheck the level since it hadn't been moved at all.

I'll look into the other options. I did replace the soap dispenser grommet a couple years ago. I guess it could have gone bad again.

Thanks so much for everything.

Hoosier56

How did you replace the drain hose without pulling out the dishwasher? Did you omit the riser loop?

I called it a drain hose. I think the correct term is "discharge hose". It's the black corregated hose that connects using hose clamps  to the garbage disposal and the pump mechanism under the tub. I was able to reach the connectors and thread the replacement through the cabinet an reatach it.

I tested the replacement and the flow is good to the drain.

Thanks again.

Hoosier56

Update information-I just found the installation instructions for the unit. Evidently when the unit was installed, the installer didn't put in the 32 inch loop described in the document. Will this cause a problem going forward. The unit is pretty old-installed in 1993 and up until now things have gone along pretty well.

Just wondering if I should take the box out and put the loop in.

Thanks,

Hoosier56