Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

maytag dishwasher Model DWU8860AAX

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hoosier56

Hoosier56

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:03 AM

I replaced the drain hose with a new Maytag model. The old split and did a number on the floor before I found it. After replacing the hose the machine started leaking towards the end of the wash/rinse cycle at bottom left corner. I can't see that the black molding is split or damaged. I did notice the new hose is longer than the original if that makes a difference. When I stopped the machine in mid cycle, the water is about 2-2.5 inches in the bottom.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stuck Hoosier

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,192 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:27 PM

You pulled the dishwasher out to replace the drain hose, right? Ok, you didn't get it back in the cubby square, one of the legs is jacked up or the dishwasher is sitting slightly askew. Doesn't take much. More help on diagnosing door leaks here.

#3 Hoosier56

Hoosier56

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:00 PM

Nope. I didn't have to pull the dishwasher out to thread the new drain hose. I didn't recheck the level since it hadn't been moved at all.

I'll look into the other options. I did replace the soap dispenser grommet a couple years ago. I guess it could have gone bad again.

Thanks so much for everything.

Hoosier56

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,192 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:32 PM

How did you replace the drain hose without pulling out the dishwasher? Did you omit the riser loop?

#5 Hoosier56

Hoosier56

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:04 AM

I called it a drain hose. I think the correct term is "discharge hose". It's the black corregated hose that connects using hose clamps  to the garbage disposal and the pump mechanism under the tub. I was able to reach the connectors and thread the replacement through the cabinet an reatach it.

I tested the replacement and the flow is good to the drain.

Thanks again.

Hoosier56

#6 Hoosier56

Hoosier56

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:12 AM

Update information-I just found the installation instructions for the unit. Evidently when the unit was installed, the installer didn't put in the 32 inch loop described in the document. Will this cause a problem going forward. The unit is pretty old-installed in 1993 and up until now things have gone along pretty well.

Just wondering if I should take the box out and put the loop in.

Thanks,

Hoosier56

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics