Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Windows XP (built tower...no model no.? not sure)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mrcham

mrcham

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

Hi All,

I recently went to turn on my computer and when I did, it seemed like it was booting up normally but then it came up with the following message:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration

Start Windows Normally

I know I haven't made any changes to hardware or software. When I tried "Last Known Good Configuration" or "Start Windows Normally", It came up with the Windows XP logo and showed the progress bar and appeared to boot up, but after 1 or 2 seconds, it quickly flashed a blue screen and started the boot process all over again and then went back to the same message. When I tried any of the Safe Modes, it showed a list of file directories and then started the boot process all over again and once again went back to the same message.

I'm at a dead end here. Can anyone lead me in right direction? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:41 PM

may have a virus...

you'd need a Windows Boot CD (then run a virus checker)

or a Window XP repair CD ..

may have been included when you bought your computer ..

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 DJGray

DJGray

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:59 AM

You are getting the dreaded Winders Blue Screen of Death. You have to do this quickly, but when that appears, Winders will likely begin doing a memory dump. This gives you time to have a pen and paper handy and write down that number at the bottom of the screen. It's a VERY long number, and you must capture it accurately. It is what's called a "Stop Code." You can then google that stop code and it will tell you more specifically what the actual error condition is. Something (hardware or software) has failed in a very bad way. Once you know what it is, you can formulate a battle plan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics