LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Miele SOFTTRONIC T4223C Dryer

bla88

Looking for the service manual for my dryer Miele SOFTTRONIC T4223C.

The Miele service man's repair wasn't really enduring, looks to me he didn't find the real cause. Now I'm going to repair it myself...

Thanks in advance! :)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bla88

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• RegUS_PatOff

• Team Samurai

The service info I have on the Miele dryers goes from the T1500 and then jumps right to the T8000 series. Depending on the problem, one of those might be close enough.

Too bad. I think the exact service manual is required.

The overtemp fuse has blown 2 times now. First time I called the Miele service. They charged me over 100€ and only replaced the fuse, couldn't find any real cause. After a year, it happened again. No heating. I checked the fuse and it was blown. Ordered one from Miele, cost me about 20€. Now the dryer is working again but I don't know for how long. All filters are cleaned after each use.

I want to check the service mode and see if there are any errors in the memory. As the dryer has no display, I would be completely lost using the service mode without service manual...

Maybe someone else has the manual at hand?

Check your Vent

Dryer Vent

Vent should be rigid metal.

Short lengths of flexible metal may be OK,

if not crimped when moving the Dryer into place.

NO plastic

NO PVC

NO screws

Foil Duct Tape is OK.

With an empty load, Timed Dry, High Heat,

the vent temperature should cycle somewhere between 57C and 70C

It's a condensing dryer so there is no vent.

The heat exchanger is also clean.

At the backside of the machine, warm (but dry) air comes out (from the heat exchanger), which is why I put the dryer about 20cm away from the wall...

The machine is not generally overheating. I don't know what happened, why the fuse was blown. I also found in the internet that I am not the only one having this exact problem with exactly this model...