Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Viking DW stuck on wash

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 caspery

caspery

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 01:41 PM

Viking vud040 dishwasher.:?

After reading the DW FAQ I test ran the DW with the heated water and heated dry off. It stuck on the wash cycle. So, I shelled out $135 for a new timer. Installed it and still washes all night. :X

New thermostat ?

Viking vud040 dishwasher. Bought it for the look. Our $250 Maytag was a better machine.

Is this an ASKO. I see it was actually made in Sweden! Our Asko washer and drier crapped out after 2-1/2 years. What a waste of money. Replaced with Kenmore.

Domo Arrigato  for your help Samurai repairman.

Cap   Bozeman,MT

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 denrayr

denrayr

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:11 PM

Yes your dishwasher was built by asko, and as you know asko's suck. sounds like a heating delay, some machines still have heat delays with the hi temp wash turned off. the first thing i would check is the wire connection at the heating element, this is a very common place for falure. next step is to check the element to see if it is getting voltage when it should.
RedRock Appliance Service

435-773-7838

www.redrockrepair.com

Serving St George and Southern Utah

#3 The Wizard Of Odds!

The Wizard Of Odds!

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:49 PM

Hello to the tardy dish washer.

when your dish washer is set to heat the water, it is set to heat it to 140 degrees on most dish washers.

get a thermometer and put it in a coffe cup (meat thermometer)etc.
and see how hot the water is coming out of your faucet.

if the water is 120 degrees for example, it would probably take 45 minutes for the dish washer to heat the water to 140 degrees. ( it takes 2 to 3 minutes of time for most dish washers to raise the temperature ONE degree)
this would add considerable time to the time it takes for a load. try it without water heat, but do it when you can watch it work. (I don't trust my robots to work un supervised)if that doesn't help, listen to Samurai repair man.

#4 caspery

caspery

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:07 AM

:banana:Will do. I have been running it with the water heat "off" and the dry heat "off". Inspecting the guts, I find a bundle of 4-5 wires was melted through the insulation and one of the female spade connectors on the heat coil was corroded. I replaced the spade connector and wrapped each wire. But, now I am going to more carefully inspect each wire for continuity.  The heat coil does work. I have a schematic  for this machine .

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,830 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:10 AM

[user=284]caspery[/user] wrote:

Inspecting the guts, I find a bundle of 4-5 wires was melted through the insulation and one of the female spade connectors on the heat coil was corroded.

A common story on the Asko's.  I've been on several Asko jobs where the door switch wiring had caught fire. 

Asko?  OH NO!  :yikes:

#6 caspery

caspery

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 05:25 AM

Yup... the second spade connector on the heater element must have broken off when I reattached the first one. Brittle insulation and corroded wire at the old spade connector. I replaced the connector and covered the connection with shrink tube.

We'll run a load tonight to test it.

Cap

#7 caspery

caspery

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:33 AM

After reattaching the last loose connector we have successThe dishwasher now will run a complete cycle by itself!:banana:Apariansu Samuraisama you are THe Best- Ichiban! Domo arrigato ...

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,830 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:35 AM

Way to go, you're rocking now!  :rocker::rockband:

Thanks for the followup report.

#9 zauber1

zauber1

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 12:19 PM

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

A common story on the Asko's.  I've been on several Asko jobs where the door switch wiring had caught fire. 

This is so on the older models of ASKO (they call it the 05 generation).  Those were produced in 1995 or so.  Since then they have been through 4 more generations and have stopped this happening.  The old generations had wiring harness problems that caused a switch to burn through and short.  They changed the wiring set up and eliminated the problem.

I've got ASKO dishwashers (2) and an ASKO washer and dryer.  They do have some quirks but the company really takes their warranty seriously. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics