Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher & Paykel DD603-SS -- lower drawer won't close

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 appliance anjinsan

appliance anjinsan

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 02:11 PM

The lower drawer on my DD603 has suddenly stopped going in properly.  It slides in part way and then gets difficult to push in, finally stopping completely once it is about 3/4's of the way in.  (I could probably force it the rest of the way, but this would not give me inner peace.) We've got guests visiting and alas, they helped out in the kitchen, so I'm not sure what was done that caused it to start acting that way.

I've removed the drawer, and both guides slide in and out perfectly.  The rear, left (when facing the appliance) top of the drawer shows some signs of recent abrasion.  When I had the drawer removed, the part of the appliance that moves down and seals the unit when it is washing seemed to move fairly freely -- not sure if it should or not.

Please honor me with pearls of wisdom even though, like Pope B-16, I am an ineffectual means to accomplish this repair.

Anjinsan

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,835 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:32 PM

Had the drawer been removed prior to this problem occurring? If so, you might have missed one of the drawer supports when you re-inserted the pins.

Another possibility is the drain hose isn't routed correctly and is catching on the back of the drawer.

One last thing to check is the bottom of the drawer. Hard to see on the lower drawer, use a mirror if you need to see. See if the plastic cover on the bottom has come unsnapped and is dragging on the frame.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,835 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 April 2005 - 03:40 AM

Bob emailed me his pearls of wisdom:

One of your lid motors has failed. It usually starts out by a heavily labored sound and then the poor lil motor gets so worn out it just quits. BTW, that lil motor is nothing more than a simple little "Hobby" motor, just like the one that spun the little plastic propellor on that Monogram "Phantom P-51 Mustang"

Nothing you can do except replace it. Start off by putting it in diagnostics, (that sheet in the back of the lower drawer will show you how) to see if that motor gets power. If its does, well dat as they say, is dat

#4 Lurker_anjinsan_*

Lurker_anjinsan_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:54 PM

I've been meaning to send you this follow up.  About two weeks after you posted your replies, I decided to tackle the task and check on the motor.  Got the drawer removed, manipulated myself into the cabinet . . . when it suddenly dawned on me that the drawer had been completely closed when I removed it!

We had a power failure the night before, and the only thing I can figure is that when the power came back on, the unit cycled through and the lid reset itself to the proper position.  It's worked flawlessly ever since.

Thanks for your help.

Anjinsan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics