Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Wood Flooring

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DIAMOND GAZZA

DIAMOND GAZZA

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:25 PM

Had a customer recently who had GE fridge that leaked water all over wooden floors and flooded kitchen. All boards were warped all over the place, and she said insurance is going to fix them. OK, lucky you i thought, and pulled out the fridge, turned on the water, saw where leak was and changed inlet valve.(ice inlet valve stuck open) Pushed fridge back and tested.Mopped up water with couple towels, told her it all fixed under warranty. Didnt notice any scratches to floor but as floor was all over the place i couldnt do anything about it even if i used my plastic slides i had, the floor was that bad. next day i get email from company i did job for saying she wants me to pay $46,000 australian to fix floor as i damaged it, even though damage to floor was only in kitchen she needed whole house done to match perfectly so she could sell house. I guess insurance decided not to cover it so she came after me. I told them floor like that when i got there, and i aint paying nothing.
Shortly after on another GE job, a guy living on the beach in a two story house and has windows from one wall to the next to get perfect ocean views wont open his blinds during the day because his floor will fade. What a waste. He was a fun customer too.
And one more, i got plenty, a guy had some wierd floor i dont know what it made of, kind of stone but soft like cork, and he worried about water staining from dishwasher that was not draining. So i manually decant water cause he hasnt thought to do so, man it stunk, get d/w out of cavity and outside where i working in sun with 600miles of extension cord and hook up to garden tap. pull apart drain pump and he asks if drain cleaner is a good thing to use in d/w. I said no, he said mmmmmm, we did. Now i know why my hands are burning. thanks mate.
which reminds me of another story, i am fixing a Kleenmaid or Speed Queens as you call them, and notice water under it. i spend 20 minutes looking for a leak, laying in the water, its all over me, my face shirt arms, walk to my van feeling slightly funny, notice a pest exterminator, and it clicks. I asked him if he sprayed under w/m. Yes he had. Bugger. Have a shower he tells me and its cause i used to smoke that i cant smell the poison. oh well we all have to die somehow. ok, enough for now.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 grey shrek

grey shrek

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:51 PM

Now I know why I retired. Some days it was like working in a zoo..:pisser:

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,210 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:05 AM

Some good ones! You're obviously in the trenches and these war stories show that you're a Master Appliantologist. I've upgraded your account accordingly.

[user=62006]DIAMOND GAZZA[/user] wrote:

Had a customer recently who had GE fridge that leaked water all over wooden floors and flooded kitchen. All boards were warped all over the place, and she said insurance is going to fix them. OK, lucky you i thought, and pulled out the fridge, turned on the water, saw where leak was and changed inlet valve.(ice inlet valve stuck open) Pushed fridge back and tested.Mopped up water with couple towels, told her it all fixed under warranty. Didnt notice any scratches to floor but as floor was all over the place i couldnt do anything about it even if i used my plastic slides i had, the floor was that bad. next day i get email from company i did job for saying she wants me to pay $46,000 australian to fix floor as i damaged it, even though damage to floor was only in kitchen she needed whole house done to match perfectly so she could sell house. I guess insurance decided not to cover it so she came after me. I told them floor like that when i got there, and i aint paying nothing.

I've run into scammers like this. I carry a digital camera with me on all my service calls and take pics. At night I save 'em on my compooter filed by customer name. Good ones I may use on my site (without revealing anything of the customer). Boring ones I'll save for thirty days for CYA purposes and then delete.

#4 ROBBYRIG

ROBBYRIG

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:24 AM

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

. Boring ones I'll save for thirty days for CYA purposes and then delete.

Mine's already covered................with hair.

#5 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:13 PM

I could write a book with all my customer horror stories of customers nobody can ever satisfy.
Scott Wolf

#6 J5

J5

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:40 PM

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

Some good ones! You're obviously in the trenches and these war stories show that you're a Master Appliantologist. I've upgraded your account accordingly.

[user=62006]DIAMOND GAZZA[/user] wrote:

I've run into scammers like this. I carry a digital camera with me on all my service calls and take pics. At night I save 'em on my compooter filed by customer name. Good ones I may use on my site (without revealing anything of the customer). Boring ones I'll save for thirty days for CYA purposes and then delete.

i learnt that long ago

my mobile phone has a decent camera which i take pics of where i see damage

I also make mention to the cutomer , did you know you have a cracked tile here etc before pulling the appliance out so they know that you know there is damage and even then some dont know about it so by pointing out before you start they now are aware of it instead of seeing it later and blaming you

#7 Globallyoff

Globallyoff

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beck's

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:34 AM

I have my own story. A few years ago we remodelled our kitchen. Replaced the linoleum floor with nice tile. I left the small bar area covered in carpeting which came in from the living room. A few years later I got rid of the carpet and extended the tile up to the 50lb. icemaker. I had to tile the machine in since the granite countertops would be difficult and expensive to raise. Not to mention then it wouldn't be the same height as the rest of the kitchen.....lolol.

The only good news is that I cut a few replacement tiles while I still had the tile saw. I hate stupid customers/appliance repairmen. Note to self.......quit calling self stupid.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics