Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LG WM2050CW washer $ 488 free delivery

RegUS_PatOff

Home Depot offers the LG Electronics Front-Loading Washing Machine, model no. WM2050CW, for $538.20. 

enter Coupon Code   BMSM50 

(at bottom of Shopping Cart order)

to bring it down to $488.20 with free shipping.

Sales tax added where applicable.

LINK

other LG Appliances

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHO CARES? We are in the repair business, not sales. Hell will freeze over before I buy anything where the profits go to Korea.

I think thats below wholsale...on another note I found a new duet set on pedestals for $799...new! Not scratch and dent, not returned, new!!!

I think he posts it for the few who might have a store for new sales.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this. I bought one of these recently and am still in the 'price match' period.

If you see anything else on this or the DLE2050W, please post.

Why do you want these Korean made pieces of junk? 

Wait until you get holes in your paper thin dryer drum where it rides on the drum rollers and you need a $400.00 repair.

• Team Samurai

At the ASTI conference, I attended training on LG washers and refrigerators. The instructor was a dude named John out of Alabama. He was, hands-down, the best instructor there; kinda reminded me of one of my electronics instructors in the Navy: smart, funny, and knew his stuff cold.

Anyway, these LG machines ain't that bad once you get to know 'em. They have their quirks and, yes, they have their weak points like all machines. But John emphasized two things that you gotta do as a service tech on these machines: you gotta use the diagnostic mode and you absotootly have to be able to read a wiring diagram. You can test every component on that washer from the main control board.

Cool thing about these machines is they have no belt: it's a magnetic drive directly mounted on the drum like on the Fisher Paykel washers.

If anyone has links for service manuals for the WM2050CW or the DLE2050CW that would be great. They are new and not on the Lgservice site but having them handy would be nice.

• 4 months later...

While it may be obvious to most of us that this is juvenile---servicers that eloquently trash-talk brands or models of appliances WITHOUT getting into specifics---other than it's "Made In Korea! For Christ Sakes!" " I wouldn't use one those if my own mother held a gun to my head!"

Usually have zippo knowledge of the brand or it's products. V-e-r-y unprofessional. This does NOT endear other professionals to be associated with *you*. Then again, maybe that doesn't matter to this "caliber" of service tech to begin with...

Consumers would prefer a technician that calmly & logically explains/describes any and all shortcomings about a specific appliance.

Picture NASA rocket engineers talking 9th grade level expletives deleted during the early 60s--after numerous failed launches trying to get the reliability of the engines.

Granted--privately, they cussed & cursed. Even then it was more at THEMSELVES for failing rather than any particular partner in the program (GE / Morton-Thiokol / General Dynamics / Raytheon / etc). 

Grow up. Be Professional.

I have plenty knowledge of my appliances, including all the foreign brands.

I am just sick of my customers complaining "It's only a year old, it should not need a $400 repair already!" 

I'm also sick of the stores pushing this junk. 

As an ex auto assembly plant worker, I'm sick of imports period.  When you have your job eliminated  because everybody keeps buying imports, you'll understand. 

Out of work?  Keep buying imports!

I am just sick of my customers complaining "It's only a year old, it should not need a $400 repair already!" 

That's inaccurate Scott---and you know it.

A statement like that implies to readers of this forum that WHIRLPOOL / GE / MAYTAG and any other American built or owned brand does NOT fail within 5 years.

I'm also sick of the stores pushing this junk. 

Retailers sell what consumers WANT. This is supply & demand. Basic economics.

As an ex auto assembly plant worker, I'm sick of imports period.  When you have your job eliminated  because everybody keeps buying imports, you'll understand. 

Out of work?  Keep buying imports!

This can be quantified as a "tell". It gives the appearance that your real ulterior- motive is due to the loss of a job on the assembly line and NOT from any real tangible flaw or fault in an imported brand of appliance.

8 out of 10 of my customers swear that they never will buy an LG appliance again, especially refrigerators.

Alot of it has to do with LG's unwillingness to distribute parts to the local parts houses.

Ok, picture this, I had a customer with a Kenmore refrigerator, built by LG.

Christmas week, the control board on the fridge blows the relay for the compressor, I try to order the control board next day air from Sears, they say the best they can do is ship it to me 2 days after Christmas.

LG themselves was out of the control board as it was on factory backorder.

HELLO? this is the customers only refrigerator and they NEED the refrigerator FOR Christmas because they are having Christmas at their house!

Customer decides to ditch her 3 year old LG refrigerator that she paid $900 for and buys a Whirlpool refrigerator and makes sure she takes out the extended warranty as she swears she will never buy an LG product again.

soo... if I had a choice between a Whirlpool Duet made in Germany..

and a Duet Sport made in Mexico ...

Nobody seems to understand, it matters where the profits go, not where it's made or assembled.

If you love giving your money away to foreign countries, keep buying imports and then you can cry about your Toyota having 5 recalls and wonder why the economy still sucks in the USA.

That's the *customer's* perogative. That--I can understand.

Your position--less so.

Again--this IMPLIES that on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day/NewYears Eve/Easter/Memorial Day/Labor Day/Thanksgiving/etc

Only LG (or imported) brand appliances fail on these holidays and that parts took two days to order. This is dishonest and false.

8 out of 10 of my customers swear that they never will buy an LG appliance again, especially refrigerators.

Most of the consumers that I interact with are intially dissatisfied that service was required on their LG refrigerator. *My job* is to resolve their problem quickly & efficiently. Answer any/all concerns that they have.

In the end--they're happy to be back in business and content that they've just made aquaintance with a servicer that KNOWS his job. This is part of being a good service technician. Judging from my posts on this forum---I think it is safe to say that if there are any issues with the LG products---I try to be as forthright as possible about it and offer SOLUTIONS. Most readers of this forum and customers at-large very much appreciate when a servicer is candid (and professional about it).

It takes NO skill to bash/smash *any* brand or type of appliance on this forum. Anyone can do it--it's that easy. No training required.

soo.. it doesn't matter who physically builds it, or how it's built or assembled ...

or where the assembly line is located..

or where the parts are made ..

soo.. if I worked on the assembly line for GM, but they closed my plant and moved the line to Mexico,

then that's OK .. and people should still buy those vehicles from GM

because they make the money, although I'm out of a job.

(former Delco employee)

I'm done with this thread.  Again, you've both missed my point.

I'll stop my bashing, I will just post my customers quotes from now on. 

I had a job interview with LG last year. One of the questions I asked in the interview is when they plan to start distributing their parts to the local parts houses.

He replied "Why would we do that?"

Have you ever worked on an LG dishwasher?  I had to replace a complete wiring harness, a door liner, pump and motor assembly AND a control board on an LG dishwasher.

LG sent the parts to the customer for free and LG paid us a mere $125 to do the repair. This job is at least a $300 repair.  Tell me how you like working on one of these after you've worked on one.

End of discussion. Period.

I had a job interview with LG last year. One of the questions I asked in the interview is when they plan to start distributing their parts to the local parts houses.

He replied "Why would we do that?"

Helps keep costs to a minimum.

I have not seen the inside of a "local parts house" for at least 5 years.

All inventory is ordered (or re-ordered via internet).

Less waste of time commuting for me to the "house".

Parts arrive within 2 business days. Keeping a realistic inventory on-hand is the key to success.

Have you ever worked on an LG dishwasher?  I had to replace a complete wiring harness, a door liner, pump and motor assembly AND a control board on an LG dishwasher.

Good God--yes.

Problably replaced--ballpark--some 400 to 500 SUMP ASSEMBLIES on LG dishwashers built from 2004 thru early/mid 2008. Most of them under warranty.

The reason that LG shipped the ENTIRE wire harness--was due to this being literally sent "as is" from the manufacturing process. It does NOT mean that you *must* replace the entire wire harness---just the damaged section (splice & secure).

The LG dishwasher (compared to other tall tub designs NOT the traditional d/w) is the easiest to diagnose and service.

I've got almost 30 years as an appliance servicer to back-up that statement.

Since there have been consumer goods there's been debate over what is domestic and whom your money should go to.

There's no black and white. No one can say which is best. WHat if you live in a country that doesn't make cars? Every car is foreign.

The German WP is OK because the profits go to WP which is in USA? OK but what about all those workers in Germany you supported?

A US built Toyota is bad because  the profits go to Toyota in Japan? Waht about all the US assembly workers? Do you wish not to support them?

Wrinkle: I live in Canada. There's no Canadian car maker. The profits will go outside Canada. I can buy something made by Canadian workers though. Should I choose the profits go to the US rather than Japan? They're both foreign, and I have nothing against Japan. In fact we probably have more cause to have a problem with US policies than Japan? Or Germany? I know those were once enemies of USA but those enemy nations do not exist anymore. And a country that is a large trading partner is part of your economy and it helps your economy to spend there as much as it does to spend it in your own country. It's a global economy. A former autoworker who was given the golden dildo by GM Chrysler or Ford should not feel inclined to help or defend his former employer anyway.

And it gets very foggy as to where a car is made. I don't know if this happens with appliances, but for example the Ford Crown Victoria is considered Canadain made. There are many cars assembled in Canada but this is the only big 3 that is an Import in the eyes of the EPA because of the % content and labour that is not US sourced.

And what if a person wishes not to support the UAW or the CAW? One might want to put his spending into his home land but has a legitimate beef with the UAW and it's his perfect right not to support them. 

Appliances? There's some manufacturing here in Canada but their names don't go on the front of machines. I'd be severely limited in my choices but I would be helping local workers.

It's great to support your local economy by putting your spending into it, but the debate over whether it's the worker or the company that matters will never be closed, because different people(with spending money) have different views and needs. I tend to lean toward worker. I think that has a quicker impact, if you're talking trickle down and helping keep your own job.

Nationalism, patriotism jingoism, those are all emotional factors that should not influence your choice, IMO. My country is not better than another because of an imaginary line. My regard is equal for people of all nations, and my judgement on them is for their actions not their location. All North Americans have near ancestry from Europe or Asia or Africa(not counting the natives, whom we treat like aliens). So we might offend someone on this board by expressing anything negative about a German washer for example, not to mention this board being open to users who reside in all those "foreign" lands.

The last point is hypocracy. Is every component in your home made by a domestic company or even by workers in the US? Check your TV and your clock radio, your ceramic tiles and hardwood, cabinets, kitchen table, why, we even have things we ar PROUD to tell people are imported! Anyone have bamboo floors? It doesn't grow here!

Thank You, madbrad, finally somebody who sees it from my perspective.

Here in Cleveland, (my ex-employer, Ford Motor Company) is right in my backyard.  Ford has been very good to me and my father over the years.  I chose to take the buyout because I did not want to relocate to Chicago, Illinois. 

I am also a Canadian who was born in the USA. Before I was born my parents lived in Oakville, Ontario where my father worked at the Ford plant.  

Also, here in Ohio Whirlpool Corporation has three assembly plants. 

The Clyde, Ohio washing machine plant where all the Whirlpool top loader machines are built, including the Cabrio.  It is THE largest washing machine plant in the WHOLE world, not the country, the world. They have been assembling top loader washing machines there since the 1920s.  Thanks to Sears.

The Findlay, Ohio dishwasher plant.

The Marion, Ohio dryer plant.

Here in Ohio, manufacturing accounts for a big chunk of the local economy.  We need to keep these plants here.

Thank You, madbrad, finally somebody who sees it from my perspective.

What??? Come again?

<<<it helps your economy to spend there as much as it does to spend it in your own country. It's a global economy>>>

<<<And what if a person wishes not to support the UAW or the CAW? One might want to put his spending into his home land but has a legitimate beef with the UAW and it's his perfect right not to support them.>>> 

<<<Nationalism, patriotism jingoism, those are all emotional factors that should not influence your choice, IMO.>>>

<<<The last point is hypocracy. Is every component in your home made by a domestic company or even by workers in the US? Check your TV and your clock radio, your ceramic tiles and hardwood, cabinets, kitchen table, why, we even have things we ar PROUD to tell people are imported! Anyone have bamboo floors? It doesn't grow here!>>>

Archived