Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Arctica PSS27NGMDBB shelves fall off track

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TLC917

TLC917

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:33 AM

My wife's frustrated, and me too because she is, that the shelves no longer stay on the track. What gives??? We've had this since new and afer a few years they just started falling off on one side or the other, like they're not the right size??? Is there something I can do to extend or support the shelves? We had to store this unit for a year in a climate controlled facility, would that make any difference? Had the doors slightly opened to prevent mildew and such. Many thanks in advance!!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:42 AM

the storage shouldn't make a difference. the problem started after the storage? as long as there isnt anything broken then theres not alot that you can do...poor quality is what it boils down to. the walls will contract as the fridge gets colder thus making the shelves very loose.
If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

#3 TLC917

TLC917

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:23 AM

Didn't connect temperature to walls contracting. Temp is set for 0°, it sometimes gets -1°. It's about 1/2" gap. I think I'm going to try some plexiglass, cutting around the guide wires and then secure that to the underside of the shelf. I'll be sure to round the edges to avoid cutting into the sidewall. If you have a suggestion I'd appreciate any input.

#4 grey shrek

grey shrek

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:21 PM

Here in the great frozen north they came out with a kit.  25cu.ft. - WR49X10057        and for 27 &29 cu.ft. - WR49X10058                         hope this helps..

#5 TLC917

TLC917

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:28 AM

Many thanks Grey One! The wise wife removed the shelf and turned around 90° where the handle was at the rear of the freezer compartment. Worked and saved buying the kit you mentioned. Can't afford that expense, but really appreciate your information. THANKS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics