Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Veto pro pac tool bag

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,731 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:38 AM

Got the bag yesterday...loading er up today before turkey time. Tools, turkey and football today...I'm happier than a tick on a three legged dog. Gotta break out my love song to my sweetheart again for this awesome gift....ie If Tom T Hall was an appliantologist:

I love
Washers on the blink
Disposals in the sink
Fridges with all the frills
And drills

I love
Meters made by Fluke
Small flashlights , oh how cute!
Wrenches made by Sears
And gears
And I love you toooooooo. Thanks cutie!

but ...but...I still gotta feed my tool addiction....I love the bag, it's fabutabulous.. but I gotta have more.....give me more..I want....I want... I need.....THE DOCTOR!.......

feed me Seymore! It's so tool-y, I'm gonna die!

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 24 November 2011 - 11:09 AM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:44 AM

I've been looking at the veto-pro too, but I'm locked in indecision. I tend to carry way too much weight in my bag, so Im not sure what size I want. A smart move would be to pick a more moderate size and keep the load more manageable, but a realist would just get the bigger one and load her up. Plus, there is the choice between open and closed designs, so there is much to think about. At these prices, one must choose wisely.

Nick
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#23 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:57 AM

I tried the open design and I'm still finding tools that fell out of it and into previously uncharted regions of my truck. I definitely need a closed design. Lately, I have been carrying a lot of tools. Many times I carry two tool boxes just so I wouldn't have to go back to the truck. Weight doesn't bother me (we move 'figeraders for goodness sake!) but I thought I could downsize and only carry one. The LC model isn't designed to carry many large items, particularly large screw or bit boxes . The LX model isn't designed for that neither. So, I spent the night figurin' how to carry my tools. Then, right before the L-tryptophan kicked in, I decided to use the veto to carry hand tools and the harbor freight case to carry corded light, bit boxes, steamer, gloves, messy silicone, oil, cloths, a few generic replacement parts etc. Until one of you guys loan me the $479 needed to buy The Doctor, I think I'll be quite happy. Now bring on the repairs!

ps: I will gladly pay you $480 next Thanksgiving for a $479 loan today.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 25 November 2011 - 08:20 AM.

#24 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

New vetopro Tech LC.....This bags addresses some of the issues I previously mentioned. Also a video of the meter bag. Apparently this is a sneak preview but hope they will be for sale soon. http://professional-...-lc-sneak-peek/

#25 Adirondack Bob

Adirondack Bob

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Just ordered the Tech-LC bag tonight. I have been looking at different bags for a while now. It finally came down to Veto or the Backpack that the Samurai uses. I really like that also. 

#26 Ohm

Ohm

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Buckler

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Just ordered the Tech-LC bag tonight. I have been looking at different bags for a while now. It finally came down to Veto or the Backpack that the Samurai uses. I really like that also. 

I have the Tech-LC and I love it. My tools have never been more organized. At first I was thinking I should have got the XL, but the Tech-LC I think is better for what we do. It carries the essentials, but forces me to be somewhat reasonable about what I bring into every job.. cripes it gets heavy quick. I would probably be in the hospital with a slipped disc if I had the XL.

Edited by Ohm, 02 April 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#27 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

Klein has just come out with some pretty good bags   http://www.tool-rank...s-201303291415/

btw the vetopro clip on diagnostic bag is great. I will post a video of how I use it soon

#28 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:iced tea

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

I have had many different tool boxes and bags.Because I am mostly hvac I have a need for some different tools but I do have a Veto LC and it is a good bag.Easy to keep things organized but for me the CLC # 1526 is an ideal tool bag for many jobs.They also make a 1528 thats a little bigger.Most of the appliance guys around here use a husky open type carrier.I will admit I am a tool bag/box collector and I haven't ever found the perfect one ,just spent a lot of money.But thats what we do!The Samurai has a pretty neat bag, might try one of those.

#29 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

I can't handle an open bag. I tried. My truck has worm holes in every corner that sucks tools in and transports them to God knows where.. Although the diagnostic bag for the veto is open, I use specific tools that wedge themselves in place. Even if it tips over, there are only a few tools in it.

The Samurai is a hiker and loves to backpack so it makes sense he has a backpack toolbag...he's also use to wearing a large sword on his back and sometimes has to walk long distances to get to customers houses. For the life of me I don't know why he doesn't get a horse. Now, me...well I'm used to carrying heavy things with a shoulder strap. Everytime we go shopping, my wife somehow tricks me into carrying her massive pocketbook while she's trying on clothes. I swear she has more things in it than Doctor Who's tardis. Hadn't had much time to look in it since I'm usually ducking my friends and those men who may all of a sudden want to be my "friend." And too many zippers and hidden compartments for me. I like to be able to quickly look at my bag and tell if the customer's little thieving tomato-head toddler has gotten hold of my knipex pliers and snapon driver before he tries to swallow one and stick the other in an electrical outlet. So ....whatever works best for one's particular style is the best bag.

#30 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:iced tea

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

you're right, Thats one reason I like the clc.I kow where everything is and i can tell if something is missing.It also has a plastic parts box thats great for screws and connecters and fuses.And I can buy 3 for the price of the Veto.

#31 tommytech

tommytech

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:guiness

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

What are the dimensions of that veto pro LC ?

#32 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

Went back and forth many times between my big open (cheap) Husky contractors bag and the large Platt with the extra pallets.  The Platt was nice, plenty of pockets and room for everything, including iPad, door tags, mini manauls and so forth.  But it got heavy, no matter how many times I consolidated.  Now that I'm running very little calls in a much smaller area than I'm used to, I've gone back to the open contractors bag, lots of pockets and most tools and meters exposed, everything easy to feel for and grab.  Plus the old guy customers ohh and ahh over all the pretty, exposed tools.  It's all for the show, baby.  All for the show.

#33 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Sears sale $ 3.99

http://www.sears.com...=11042411&aff=Y

spin_prod_726567101?hei=40&wid=40&op_sha

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics