Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

stackable fridgadare #970-c98702-00

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kdog

• appl.tech.29501

• RegUS_PatOff

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That model number you posted is for thr dryer (and a gas one at that)- likely that the mating washer is c48702-00, to remove the dryer from the washer, pop the 2 plastic plugs from the bottom of the dryer panel and remove the 2 screws that are underneath them, front of dryer can be lifted up slightly and slid forward and off. Depending on what you intend to service on the washer, you may not need to remove the dryer, most of the lower components of the washer can be accessed for the lower front panel

thanks for the quick reply. ya i think its an electric dryer.customer emailed me and said she thinks the part that turns the basket is seized. posible tranny or bearing so i wasted to know how to remove the dryer as i might have to pull the tub out to get at the tranny.

If it is a one piece laundry centre (top load washer) then you cannot reomve the dryer - to work on washer, remove the 3 large springs by streching them out and inserting electrical boxes in them, then pull the tub back toward that spring and it remains sterched out - leave the electrical box in it and remove it (you'll need 3 boxes) once the 3 springs are off, you pull the "milk-stool" out of the cabinet to service it, normally the tub seal leaks a bit of water into the tub bearing and gums it up causing it to bind, you can replace the bearing and tub seal, while you're at it, a belt and snubber are usually in order

I usually just remove the harness from motor,pump..disconnect drain hose and pressure tube...remove the 7 or 9 cabinet bolts lean the dryer back about 3 inches and slide the washer out the front.....change the tranny front start to finish in 30 min. Flat...

thanks guys for the great tips.i told the lady i could do it on wednesday, but she wants to wait 2 weeks to save up the money.tough times here in ontario canada. everyone is loosing their factory jobs to mexico etc. i'll let ya know how it goes when i fix it. thanks again.

[user=27301]appl.tech.29501[/user] wrote:

I usually just remove the harness from motor,pump..disconnect drain hose and pressure tube...remove the 7 or 9 cabinet bolts lean the dryer back about 3 inches and slide the washer out the front.....change the tranny front start to finish in 30 min. Flat...

Yes, I have done it this way in the past as well, but ALWAYS have run into issues lining the cabinet screws up when wrapping up, this also requires more room above/in front of etc. and the ones I usually get are in tight spots.

I know what ya mean, if its gonna be a tough one I sometimes will even haul it back to the shop...most of mine are in the shop. Most customers don't wanna pay ther cost for a tranny job....actually I have to change the outer tub on one tomorrow.