Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Neptune washer MAH3000AWW

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 3D

3D

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 04:47 PM

I think my machine is insane.  I returned home to find floor wet around washer after roomamte does a load of wash. Clothers inside still wet and water still in the machine.  I decide to investigate, start load over at  beginning of cycle, it seems to run OK till end and then begins leaking out bottom of front door causing flood. It continues to fill with water. I try to shut off washer, but have to unplug it to stop input of water. I open the door and more water pours out. I figure the pump to empty it has broken. Do research on Web find Appliance Sensei I can study with. Read posts, Take out Pump and test with 120. It runs fine.Start again at the beginning with notebook in hand to notate unusual behavior. It seems to run OK till it finishes spin cycle (washes, pumps out OK, door seal light on, spins) but then it begins filling up with water again (oddly the water is hot even though I have wash and rinse set to cold). Door lock light does not come on. Again water will not stop by moving the dial to off, or pushing On/Off button.  I must unplug to prevent flood.Apparently this has been a well behaved Neptune by all standards for the nine years we have lived together. I think it has become possessed. It is not hooked up to the Internet so I don't think it has a virus.Any wisdom would be appreciated by your humble student.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 05:26 PM

Pretty much the only thing that'll cause this is the control board. Cost is around the $200 mark - your call as to whether to invest that money into the machine. I've heard of this happening before.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,865 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:10 PM

Machine control board is suspect, but I'd like to see the wiring diagram to see if there's anything else that could keep voltage on the fill valves.

3D, you have the wiring diagram in the control console of your washer. If you can't scan it in and post a copy in this thread, fax it to me at 775-416-4449 and I'll post it.

#4 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:47 PM

Someone's pdf'd the full service manual at

http://members.shaw....ual_mah3000.pdf
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics