Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Ultimate Care II - 3 speed motor - Model LSQ9645K01

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ryan

ryan

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 04:19 PM

Washer will fill and agitate the load but will not drain the water. There is no humm lkike the motor is trying to start, the timer will not advance at this point. I tried all of the other wash cycles same problem. I bailed the water from the washer and still will not start the motor.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 28 August 2005 - 04:24 PM

If it fills and agitates but goes dead for drain and spin likely broke your lid switch.....
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 ryan

ryan

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:01 PM

I hope you are correct as this seems to be lower cost fix than I expected. Any suggestions as to how to get at the lid switch? Is it on the left or the right side? I have the back loose but it is connected to a large bundle of wires and things. It looks like a major operation to remove the back panel.....

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:35 PM

Do not remove the rear panel, it cannot be removed, take the case of from the front like this shows then test your lid switch to see if it is broken..

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

#5 ryan

ryan

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 05:19 PM

WOW! That was right on the mark. The screw brackets both had broken off. I hope the reassembly goes as smoothly, the new switch is on order. I can't imagine what h--- I would have gone through without the help of this web site and your information.

Many thanks,

Mike Ryan

#6 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 05:44 PM

You are quite welcome.....do not drop the lid in the future....snaps them right off..;)

#7 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:57 AM

[user=533]Pegi[/user] wrote:

You are quite welcome.....do not drop the lid in the future....snaps them right off..;)

Not only that, those new style gray switches are just garbage to start with, (a Whirlpool redesign of a part that hardly ever had a problem to one that is constantly breaking).

I will not every use one of those new style switches when I run into a broken lid switch. I carry a stock of the old style lever/bracket/switches and replace with this old setup and never see a problem with them again, except maybe the random case of the low price Cherry Switch going out sometimes which is than only a $5-$7 part to replace next time.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#8 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:21 AM

This whole business with the lid switches started about 4 years ago, I started getting a spate of these breaking around the screw holes, all on in-warranty machines. Official "answer" from Whirlpool was that there had been contamination of the plastic during production, and there was a revised part number (it had a "guard" fitted under the lever). I agree with Willie on this, the old "Cherry" switches very rarely fail, I don't think I ever replaced one on a belt drive and maybe the occasional one on a direct.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics