Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Dell computer- windows XP -AT&T Yahoo browser

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 llky

llky

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:31 AM

My bookmarks feature does not work.It had been working fine,but now when you click bookmarks it does nothing.How can I fix this? I have already tried system restorer it did no good.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PTZ

PTZ

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:40 AM

I would suggest reinstalling the browser, but AT&T no longer offers/supports it.  They are stirring everyone to Internet Explorer 8 Optimized for Yahoo! That also means they won't be offering security updates. 

Since AT&T Yahoo! browser is based on Internet Explorer, it likely stores your bookmarks in the C:Documents and Settings[YOUR USER NAME]Favorites.  You can try looking for your favorites in that folder.  I would recommend using IE8 or Firefox as these versions should be more secure than your current browser. 

If you want to continue using the older browser, but still want access to your favorites, you can create a shortcut to your favorites/bookmark folder on your desktop and access the folder from there.  If going this route, to add future bookmarks, you should be able to right-click on a page and select "Bookmark this page."

Prior to installing one or the other new browsers, backup your favorite folders just to be safe (copy & paste files into a new folder).  If AT&T Yahoo! browser doesn't store the bookmarks in C:Documents and Settings[YOUR USER NAME]Favorites, you can try doing a file name search using one of the site's names through Windows search.  From there you can locate the folder your bookmarks are stored.  

#3 llky

llky

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:49 AM

Thank you so much for the good info and things to check out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics