Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Stack Washer Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ksozet

Ksozet

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 03:18 PM

I had a terribly decrepit Kenmore Model no. 110.88754790. It was having numerous problems and was generally falling apart. One of its main issues was that after the agitate cycles it would get stuck going into the spin cycles and make a humming noise. I could get the machine to start spinning by lifting the lid (the tub would make a clicking noise) and closing it again but this was very frustrating, having to baby-sit the washer every load.

I hunted around for a used stack and came across a Whirlpool LT5000XVWO. I brought it home hooked it up and guess what? It does the very same thing. This seems implausible to me. I did end up using the old plug from the Kenmore because the one attached did not fit. I doubt that this could be the problem but it is the only constant. The previous owner swears that he never had this problem. I am at a loss. If you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Paul Davidson

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,177 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:28 PM

There's something wrong with the supply voltage for the machines. Could be a corroded neutral or a burnt spade dropping too much voltage. You need to use a meter and measure the voltage at the terminals on the machine. Check for both 120v from each hot wire to both ground and neutral. Check for 240v, too. If you're off by more than 10% from the nominal voltage, well, they's trouble in doggie-land, Bubba.

#3 Ksozet

Ksozet

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 06:14 AM

I picked up a multimeter and a new cord and tested the machine and everything checks out. I replaced the cord just to be sure. It still keeps doing the same thing.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,177 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 03 September 2005 - 04:03 PM

Based on what you've given us here, there are exactly two conclusions:

1.  There is a yet to be identified power supply problem at the outlet the washer plugs in to (likely)

2.  Both washers had exactly the same problem (highly unlikely).

Get an extension cord and run the washer on a different outlet on a completely different circuit-- the further away from this one, the better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics